Proof of purchase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Looking for advice before make claim on LCD TV, I have accidental damage. My 2 yr old got a bit happy go lucky with the fire poker and wrote off my TV screen. I have had the TV for nearly two years now, cost me £700 at the time but don't have receipt or proof of purchase anymore.

What do I need to provide for Norwich Union so they can verify how much it cost me. Never made a claim before and feel a little anxious for some reason even though I am covered for this.

Advice on what to and what not to say as a friend recently got a little tongue tied when claiming and they gave him a grilling. Thought he was trying it on etc.

Thanks

Badgerboy

Successfully beat LloydsTSB for £900 and Abbey National for £650, now taking on Barclays for my wife which is roughly £700.

Credit card statement or bank statement showing the purchase should suffice.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sorry,

Disagree.

They dont need anything. As you still have the TV, that is proof of ownership. They will send someone round (from DSG, Empire, etc) who will take the model number of the TV, probably find out it is obselete and offer you a replacement on a similar quality TV.

Good Luck

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!