Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder RogWest Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2012

Default Re: Faraday Tracing Bureau - Con or Not

I know this thread is quite old but I have had a similar letter. I can re-assure anyone who has had a letter that these people seem quite genuine. They did confirm many details about me and I am now waiting for contact from a company (who have been taken over recently), who I worked for almost 30 years ago regarding a pension.
    I will update this when they have made contact with me to further confirm my feelings that faraday are indeed genuine.

Basic Account Holder marko72 Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2012

I received a lettericon from FTB this week... after reading some of the posts I was in two minds whether to call them or not. I'm glad I decided to make the call as once I confirmed who I was they advised that they were tracing me on behalf of a pension fund that was tracking down lost members. It just so happened that the fund was for a company I worked for in the 90's and I didn't even know I was a member of their pension. They also advised that now they have confirmed who I am and where I live they will inform the pension fund so the fund can contact me with my pension details etc.

Basic Account Holder Frogface Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2013

Hi - I have also received a lettericon and just called them - the letter does relate to a pension scheme with an ex employer - they didn't try to get any information from me that wasn't appropriate - I'd say they are definitly genuine. Hope this post helps other people, and thanks to all the previous poster.

Basic Account Holder London/Germany Novitiate

Cagger since : Dec 2013

Faraday Tracing Bureau is a company who's director is Ian DeSouza and company secretary is Donna DeSouza.

Ian also directed a company called Argosy Debt Recoveries until 2006.

The company traces people who owe or owed money.

Before the pension idea
    there was a parcel company,
    which had so called insured parcels that needed to be signed for,
    so a current address was needed for delivery.

They get address from forms that you would have signed including guarantors addresses.
    Hope this information helps.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder EddieK Novitiate

Cagger since : Apr 2014

I received a lettericon from them 7 April 2014.
    looked on the internet and was a little worried if it was phishing.
    Found this site and saw some people said good things, so I cautiously phoned them Today.

I was was very careful and asked them to give me some way of telling they were genuine!

The young lady first asked for the reference from the letter and then addressed me by my middle name which was not on the letter they sent.

She then told me that I had worked for a company in 1988 and their pension fund had been taken over by another company which wished to contact me.

The information I gave her did not agree,
    but I mentioned there was another parent company who owned them when I started there,
    she then confirmed the name of the parent company.

At the moment I am 99.9% certain that Faraday is genuine.

As some one else had mentioned,
    it appears they get a finders fee from the pension company..
    ...NO Mention of any costs were made.

The girl said that all correspondence will come directly from the new pension company very shortly Will keep you posted!

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Cagger since : Aug 2010

Faraday is genuine, a well known tracing agency used by the insurance and pensions industry.

Basic Account Holder London/Germany Novitiate

Cagger since : Dec 2013

Really!
    I don't ever remember a genuine company appearing on Ester Ransom's That Life programme 3 times in the 1980's for immoral practices.

Using a factious company called Express Parcel Services,
    telling people they have an insured parcel that needed signing for,
    this was totally fake to get an address from that individual.

This happened to me after I forgot to let a Company that use to trade under the name of Rumberlows know that I had changed my address.

Gold Account Holder BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

With 30 years between then and now:

1) is it the same company?
    2) even if it is the same company, they may have "cleaned up their act"

There are lots of posts (many by site regulars, which gives me confidence they aren't "shill posts") stating how these are a legit company for the recipients benefit
    (e.g. Access to previous pension schemes).

Do you have any firm / current reason to say they are acting against the recipient's benefit?

Basic Account Holder IsaacDavid1958 Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2017

I think they're genuine. I received a lettericon today and checked this thread before responding.

When I called FTB, they told me that a London council, for which I worked in the 1980's, was trying to trace me, as my last known address was in Europe, where I lived in the 1990's.

Having confirmed my current address,
    I rang the council's Pensions Dept,
    and discovered that I am to receive a lump sum of 5,000 at the end of next year when I turn 60,
    and a pension worth about 1,000 a year.
    I'm glad I made that phone callicon!

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details