• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Giving up smoking - Bioresonance

siobhan1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Good luck to everyone trying to quit. I gave up over a year ago using bioresonance and recommend it to anyone I know who wants to give up smoking. I have absolutely zilch willpower and could not believe how painless it was. No cravings, just straight off the ciggies. I can't even imagine myself smoking nowadays even after plenty of wine. :o

And for balance - 'Who's holding the smoking gun on Bioresonance?', from Dr. Ben Goldacre's 'Bad Science' site.

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• 3 months later...

Hi I also tried Bioresonance for stop smoking in Croydon, and i have to say i have not touched a cigarette since 2 years ago and have not even thought about smoking since, and i am currently using the same clinic for my allergies and eczema and it is proving equally successful. So I agree with Siobhan that Bioresonance is well worth a try.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I don't know how you guys did it but I found bioresonance to be totally ineffective.

I was told to stop smoking for 24 hours before the treatment I recall and so by the time I got to the centre I was gagging for a cig. The place was on Harley street and I must admit I was expecting something quite swish and professional considering I was paying something like £600 for an hour or so. I sat in a chair with some electrode things strapped around my wrists reading the newspaper for well over an hour. The guy assured me that this was even more effective as it was really making sure I was cleared of nicotine. After this hour he produced some pills that he had been "charged" with the same frequency that was used to remove the nicotine from my body.

Well, I hate to say it because I was sucked in by this "magic" treatment, but it didn't work at all. I came out feeling exactlly the same as when I went in. Maybe some people can trick themselves into believeing something works, pladebo effect etc. I however still felt terrible. I would most certainly not recomend you try this treatment. I'm affraid it's going to have to be willpower that stops you smoking.

I had the treatment in Harley St after good friends had been there and we all stopped smoking.

Good treatment and great result!

We were not asked to stop smoking for 24 hours and it didnt cost £600, I think broomy is fake!

Hi juliejamson,

There are many health benefits acquired when one stops smoking. If people stop smoking, the toxic gases in the blood will drop to normal, within two or three weeks, lung function increases and in a few months coughing and shortness of breathe decrease. In a year’s time major diseases can be avoided. Log on to: *REMOVED COMMERCIAL LINK* to get lots of information.

Edited by 42man
Commercial link removed

• 2 months later...
Well, I don't know how you guys did it but I found bioresonance to be totally ineffective.

I was told to stop smoking for 24 hours before the treatment I recall and so by the time I got to the centre I was gagging for a cig. The place was on Harley street and I must admit I was expecting something quite swish and professional considering I was paying something like £600 for an hour or so. I sat in a chair with some electrode things strapped around my wrists reading the newspaper for well over an hour. The guy assured me that this was even more effective as it was really making sure I was cleared of nicotine. After this hour he produced some pills that he had been "charged" with the same frequency that was used to remove the nicotine from my body.

Well, I hate to say it because I was sucked in by this "magic" treatment, but it didn't work at all. I came out feeling exactlly the same as when I went in. Maybe some people can trick themselves into believeing something works, pladebo effect etc. I however still felt terrible. I would most certainly not recomend you try this treatment. I'm affraid it's going to have to be willpower that stops you smoking.

refund?

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

Whatever kind of quit smoking approach or therapy you decide on, you should always seek professional advice from your doctor who will be able to prescribe for you the best medical treatment in accordance with your health conditions.

[EDIT]

Edited by Rooster-UK
Commercial link removed.

• 3 weeks later...

The best way to quit smoking is control your self from the reach of cigarette , second you can eat something everytime so you can not like to have smoke. Rest of the things you can work is like just control control and control there is not any medicin in the world who can help you to quit smoking

[EDIT]

Edited by Rooster-UK
Commercial link removed

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Bioresonance clinic that have branches in London and Manchester. They are charging £200 at the moment, if anyone interested.

I looked at it but am not convinced it would work for me. I gave up previously for 2 years then stupidly started again during a very stressful time.

I'm going to try the nicotine gum route again as it worked last time - I know I'll end up addicted to the gum but at least its better for me than smoking! I'm allergic to patches and with gum find the chewing replaces the smoking so I don't end up eating loads of rubbish!

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it one year ago, cost £190 saved so far £1700, feel great. Had my therapy near to Walsall took 1 hour, no coffee for 2 days prior (painfull) besides that alls good. Next the beer gets it!!

Ive learned a little about this therapy in my time prior to my session. One reason that yours may not have worked is you stopped smoking 24 hrs before. The therapy is directed at the nicotein in your body, & it doesnt stay around for long, and if it cant be found then its not gona work. Without exception you are supposed to CONTINUE smoking or even increase it, this is why Bio-Res works better on a 40 a day & not a 2 a day smoker. The word REFUND springs to mind for some reason. Best of luck with that, should have done your homework.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi

I tried 2 months ago in Manchester that bioresonance therapy it cost me only 85 quid, and I'm still not smoking :)))) I don't know about the others why so expensive but this one it worked for me.

Hi, Could you let me know, where in manchester? Does enybody know where I could find bioresonance therapy in yorkshire?

The best way to quit smoking is control your self from the reach of cigarette , second you can eat something everytime so you can not like to have smoke. Rest of the things you can work is like just control control and control there is not any medicin in the world who can help you to quit smoking

Or dont do as he says because you'll be like me.

You may be ciggie free, but you MAY gain 3 stones in weight which is being a pain to lose.

• 1 year later...

Stumbled across this thread and forum by chance and just had to register to put up a post.

Whatever nonsensical mumbo jumbo is entailed with Bioresonance, I have to say it worked for me. At the time, I didn't even feel all that driven to stop, just happened to chance upon an offer on Groupon (or similar) and thought I'd give it a try.

Well, I don't know how you guys did it but I found bioresonance to be totally ineffective. I was told to stop smoking for 24 hours before the treatment I recall and so by the time I got to the centre I was gagging for a cig. .

Like HGV driver and others, I too wasn't told to abstain form nicotine before the treatment, though do remember having no caffeine and alcohol in the few days lead up. Also, even full price it wouldn't have cost £600.

I often wonder if the treatment gets such a royal panning because none of the big drug companies benefit...

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree with agai...not so much with the trendy comment but as a product they can be effective. I say 'can' be because everyone is different and what works for one person might not for another. I myself have had a great experience with electronic cigarettes and anyone looking to quit I would defiantly recommend giving them a try. That being said I had never heard of Bioresonance before and if it works I think it’s a great way to quit. I suppose the best piece of advice I can give anyone is just be strong willed and actually have the frame of mind that you want to quit - it’s not something you can do half heartily.