Can't make court date

Kiwiemy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have been given a court date for the 19th of September Vs HSBC for a claim of near £700 total. HSBC have already advised they will be applying for a stay. I will not be in the country as at the last minute I am being sent to the US for work. Is it possible to not turn up in person? I might be able to find someone else to show up for me , but this is also unlikely.

Any help much appreciated really dont want to go back to the start again. Thanks

As far as I am aware there are only special circumstances that allow for you sending someone in your place for a court hearing.

I think the only thing you can do is to ask for an adjournment due to unforseen circumstances. The only trouble being is that it may drag the case out longer.

I will get some confirmation on this and get back to you!

can I make a suggestion, how about phoning the Court int he morning and ask what the procedure is because work are sending you abroad, it is out with your control........ or you could offer a phone conference?? they are 2 other options other than asking for a stay how about a short adjournment

rockin all over the world

Hiya Kiwi, just phone the court to check that DG have done what they have told you, the stay has been requested and your Judge is going to put one in place.

I have seen that letter go out to people and no stay has been requested at the court.

pete