Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Kiwiemy Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Default Can't make court date

Hi I have been given a court date for the 19th of September Vs HSBCicon for a claim of near 700 total. HSBC have already advised they will be applying for a stay. I will not be in the country as at the last minute I am being sent to the US for work. Is it possible to not turn up in person? I might be able to find someone else to show up for me , but this is also unlikely.
    Any help much appreciated really dont want to go back to the start again. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    Middle Earth! (But have been to other places)

Default Re: Can't make court date

As far as I am aware there are only special circumstances that allow for you sending someone in your place for a court hearing.
    I think the only thing you can do is to ask for an adjournment due to unforseen circumstances. The only trouble being is that it may drag the case out longer.
    I will get some confirmation on this and get back to you!

Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.
    You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

I really dont want to get done for costs especially considering the sum im asking for, how do I go about cancelling the claim?, Sorry again

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Ask for a stay due to the OFT case <laffin>

pete

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky Authoritative freakyleaky's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    Middle Earth! (But have been to other places)

That is exactly what I was going to say. I am just trying to find out what forms you need to do that.
    If it's good enough for dg it's good enough for you. They would only apply for a stay anyway so just beat them to it.

Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.
    You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Audreygreeneyes Highly informative Audreygreeneyes Highly informative Audreygreeneyes Highly informative Audreygreeneyes Highly informative Audreygreeneyes Highly informative Audreygreeneyes Highly informative Audreygreeneyes Highly informative Audreygreeneyes's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007

can I make a suggestion, how about phoning the Court int he morning and ask what the procedure is because work are sending you abroad, it is out with your control........ or you could offer a phone conference?? they are 2 other options other than asking for a stay how about a short adjournment

rockin all over the world
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

HSBCicon have already advised they are applying for a stay, do I still need to turn up then? Thanks again for everyones help with this

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest Authoritative Castlebest's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

Hiya Kiwi, just phone the court to check that DG have done what they have told you, the stay has been requested and your Judge is going to put one in place.

I have seen that letter go out to people and no stay has been requested at the court.

pete

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE