Please help - list of common failures

dave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

We all know that all companies cock up - some more than most.

I am trying to collate the most common cockups.

Please add to this sticky, preferably in a one line statement, the cockups that you have experienced over the years.

e.g.

DVLA ignored SORN declaration and I was fined.

Company XXX refused to refund me when good were faulty from outset.

etc....

All will become apparent soon....

Thank you.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Had a flexible ticket from British Airways to get from Heathrow to Aberdeen. Turned up to catch the last flight home and it was cancelled due to "adverse weather" - left stranded at Heathrow overnight and BA refused to compensate (per EU rules) as adverse weather is outwith their control. Adverse weather was a little wind and rain with a British Midland flight leaving without incident 30 mins after the scheduled BA departure.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

- Argos rejecting a legit refund request under DSR due to "company 30 day money back guarantee exclusion"

- Argos requesting an automatic replacement to an accidentally damaged item, the repair company then sending it back to Germany so the original is not available for the customer to examine.

- Landlords failing to take inventorys then trying to claim for missing items etc

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

• 4 months later...

Bought a people carrier, which was unroadworthy and dangerous. The company told me that I had checked the vehicle and thus were not responsible.

Shoe shop claiming that daughter has 'misfit feet'.

Dangerous and ill fitted bathroom, claimed qualified plumber felt he did a good job.

Changing of gas meter, transco has no records and ripped off for thousands of units.

Mattress causing injury to my son and company insisting on medical evidence.

Solicitiors in many aspects:

People carrier, no support from legal services, yet won case successfully on my own.

Mattress, solicitor not helpful and rejected idea.

Education , HSE and assault, most abysmal. Sound like opposing party, no support, but hinderance. Won cases sucessfully on my own.

Debt collection agencies harrassment and policy holders agreeance.

Regards

• 7 months later...

Oh a classic, was in a restaurant and both me and my Brother ordered lamb, was told they had run out, only to see 4 people served 10 minutes later. The ressie and the the group of 4 did not enjoy there evening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

optima legal commiting gross misconduct. Negligence to third parties there by gaining a judgement via contempt

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 11 months later...