Orange late payment fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, I am really annoyed with orange for charging me £5 for late payment even though I paid on time. I am going to send the following letter which I hope will work:

Orange Customer Care

Orange UK Plc

PO Box 486

Rotherham

S63 5ZX

Dear Sir/Madam

I was annoyed to have recieved my bill this month to find a £5 fee added to my bill for late payment.

As you can see from highlited entry on the enclosed satement of the 12/07/2007, I made a call to yourselves on the 02/07/2007 which lasted 5:12 and made payment via debit card.

In the terms and conditions set out by yourselves located at:

terms of use for Orange Broadband & other services there is no reference to a billing cycle or how long from the issue of the statment I have to pay, therefore it is assumed under british law that the billing cycle be 30 days from date of issue.

Due to this fact I find it astonashing that you think you can charge me a £5 penalty for late payment.

Additionally, under british law, a company is only allowed to charge what it costs them due to customer missing a payment, I somewhat find it difficult to belive that it costs you £5 due to me not paying on time (and I did pay on time). If I am wrong and it does cost you £5 for me missing a payment, please would you be so kind as to elaborate the breakdown for this cost in your reply.

What I want.

I trust that you will understand my dissapointment in your company and seek to put it right.

I will NOT accept this charge and expect that you either refund me the £5 late payment fee or deduct £5 from my next bill.

Accept this letter as a letter before action, if you do not reimberse me the £5 by either of the methods above, I shall file at small claims court for the £5 fee, £30 court fee, interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 at 8% APR from date of fee, postage costs and as I am self employed I shall be charging my standard rate of £12ph for the usage of my time.

I give you 14 days in which to comply or I will file at court.

Yours scincerely

Any thoughts? Is this ok do you think?

David

All debts now paid off and I'm on my way to full bill of clean health on my credit scores!

If this is ref a mobile phone bill, have you called in to Customer Services to find out what the charge is for before writing/sending the letter?

Are you sure it is a late payment fee?? take another look at the statement and check it doesnt say the £5 is for Orange Care (insurance)

The reason I say this? Orange dont charge a late payment fees!!!!

p.s ref:

"there is no reference to a billing cycle or how long from the issue of the statment I have to pay, therefore it is assumed under british law that the billing cycle be 30 days from date of issue"

Your billing cycle is monthly, bill is issued same date every month, front page of bill says either - "Thank your for electing to pay by Direct Debit" and the date debit to be taken - OR - it will say "The amount due is payable immediately" with a Giro slip attatched.

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

Hi, it is for Orange broadband, it says clearly on the front of the statement 'Late Payment Fee'.

The satement say's that payment will be collected in around 10 working days, but doesn't state how although it was by DD, I cancelled the DD because I couldn't afford to pay it at the time, but I rang up a week later to pay by debit card.

David

All debts now paid off and I'm on my way to full bill of clean health on my credit scores!

Just to add, the bill is dated 12/07/07 and they ussually take payment on the 21st of the month.

Ahhh, thats different then, not that its right!!

As you say, not exactly late, just a little delayed. I am surprised still because i have never heard of Orange charging late payment fees, deffinately not to do with the mobile side of things. maybe on the broadband side is a carry over from Wannadoo. I'm sorry i really cant help on this one because it is a totally different section.

Would still suggest you give them a ring and get it credited to your next bill, by the time they action on a letter, you may find you have gone past another billing cycle and have to wait another month!

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!