Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Nell2609 Novitiate Nell2609's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    The Pool of Life
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Nell2609 Novitiate Nell2609's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    The Pool of Life

Default Re: Accept Partial Payment Letter template

OK, have managed to located letter templatesicon. The letter specific to my stage (offer letter from bank, hearing date set) does not allow my to request partial payment.

As such, I have plagiarised, and want to know if this is ok?

XX July 2007

The Royal Bank of Scotlandicon
    Customer Relations Unit
    Retail Support
    The Forthstone
    56 South Gyle Crescent
    Edinburgh
    EH12 9LE

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer

Dear Mr Douthwaite

Thank you for your letter dated XX XX 2007. I respectfully decline your offer of Full and finalicon settlement. However, I am prepared to temporarily accept the sum offered as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder is paid in full.

For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer under the terms stated in your letter.

You may not have been aware that I commenced legal action against you for the full amount plus interesticon and costs on 04 May 2007 and I would ask that you now refer this matter to your legal department for further instruction.

My claim is for 7701.57 as outlined in my Particulars of Claim, plus court costs of 350.00, and this claim will continue until payment is made in full.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Can I suggest this at this stage in the proceedings? If so, does this letter need tweaking??

Any help appreciated....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE