please hellp with teslco car insurance dispute

terry1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have car insurence with tesco,

last week i had a acident and my car is a write off, i bought my car for 3200, and tesco have come back with a figure of 2100 , i cannot buy a car for the same milage and condition for 2100-300 excess.l

what can i do.

they are very unhepfull

and time is dragging on

Terry,

They won't listen to start off with, you just have to stick to your guns and if you can get evidence of what similar cars are going for that will strenghen your case. You may have to make a formal complaint and ultimately go to the ombudsman, but don't back off and be prepared to take it all the way. Don't accept any payment from them under any circumstances until they make a fair offer.

if you can tell us the make and model of the car, its year of registration and mileage that will be useful.

the car was a mgf n reg 44000 miles, very good condition

they are looking into it, by sending anothelr energer out, who will ring me .

they said that if i cash the check it will not prejuious any further came, l

For a car with such a low mileage it might be worth contacting the MG owners club to see if they can give you a valuation. If you have receipts for any servicing or repairs that you have had done that will also help. Any photos that show its condition prior to the accident will also be helpful.

Have you checked on Parkers, as they have a used price guide for older cars?

Parker's

I have just been through this exact situation (with Elephant.co.uk) in May. So I speak with some experience.

Basically the FSO recommends that insurance companies should pay out Glasses Guide retail value, minus any excess, in the event of a write off (and that was actually written in the small print of my insurance documentation). Approach a friendly motor dealer and they should tell you what Glasses retail price is for your car. That's what you should be aiming for. Write off to the insurance and tell them that's what you want.

If they still refuse to raise their offer, then go onto the Auto Trader website and print off some ads for similar cars. You'll probably find that they're priced around Glasses Guide price anyway - since that's what the trade uses to price cars. Send these off to your insurers, pointing out that that's what it's going to cost to replace, and ask that they increase their offer.

If they still refuse, then after their final offer you can then refer the case to the FSO.

Never accept the first offer as final settlement (still bank the cheque though). I eventually got a reasonable payout in 3 separate installments. :rolleyes: .

Be in no doubt: Insurance companies will try to "Do" you in any way they can. I'm disgusted at the way they try to evade their liabilities.