Link Insurance admin fees for address changing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I've just moved out to a new house and called my motor insurance to let them know about this change. I was shocked because they charged me 40£ for admin fees!!! + 10£ because my new address is supposedly "higher risk".

I don't mind paying for the 10£ even if I don't believe my new address is higher risk than the other one.

I've checked my car insurance policy and they never mentioned about the 40£ charge for amendments! I am really annoyed about that, especially because my policy ends in a couple of months.

Are they allow to charge me 40£ just for a simple address change?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

M.

I would say that you deal through a broker as Link do not offer any direct public sales (according to their website). This explains why you cannot see the £40 admin charge disclosed in the Link documents.

It is likely that Link are the ones charging £10 for the change of address (even if you have moved to a better area the vehicle crimes rates could be higher) and the brokers are charging you £40.

Any charges made by the brokers should be disclosed in their 'Terms of Business' agreement and if it is ask them to give a breakdown as to how they arrived at that figure.