Yes online insurance have deducted years insurance cost instead of deposit. Help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I'd be really grateful for any advice on the following.

I purchased car insurance from Yes Insurance, online, on 5th July; I selected the option to pay £x deposit and £x per month. The online screen wouldn't accept my 'submit' instruction and just kept returning me to the same screen so I called Yes insurance as I was concerned that I might have somehow paid the deposit 4 times or suchlike!! I explained the situation and told them what I trying to achieve so they checked their internal system, told me that 'no, it hasn't gone through' and waited whilst I clicked Submit again-this time it went through and they confirmed it.

I went straight out and didn't really think any more of it until checking my bank account online yesterday where I saw that the total £330.xx had been debited form my debit card. I called Yes insurance and told them what had occurred and they told me that they couldn't refund me until a) they had cancelled the insurance and b) we had returned the insurance documents.

I explained that we hadn't received any documents from them so could they not just send any and they said no, that the system was set to send them yesterday yada yada yada. No refund until we receive and then return the documents! Since then my husband has had an argument on the phone and the insurance is now cancelled, I have to pay again for a separate valid insurance and Yes are telling us it could be seven days before we receive the documents-and then we've got to send them back before they'll issue a refund!

So...thinking about this last night...I didn't change anything on screen when I purchased the insurance, and I know for a fact that I initially selected the deposit and monthly payments option, so at some point their system had a problem and either selected, or reverted to, the more expensive option.

What are my rights here? I really need that £300 back. We're supposed to be moving next week and they've got £200+ of that money!

Would be really grateful for any advice. Thanks