style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can advise me i brought a new house few months later washing machine leaked and sank into the vinyl flooring in the kitchen so its raised it, also the same time the bath upstairs started leaking water downstairs everytime someone used it so we stopped using the main bathroom and used the second one instead, due to expenses we thought we'd claim in through our insurance.

We're with a company called payment shield but its regulated by halifax, so i rang them up and told them what had happened. They said they only deal with one off water leakages so she declined the bathroom one as she said that may be plumbing but put in a claim for the washing machine leakage.

They arranged for someone to come down and take some photos of the floor, then sent another person down to assess the cost of damage, was told he was from halifax. He discussed both claims but said they were only going to look into the leakage due to fault with washing machine. He agreed to what the damage was and said that we need to fax a copy of receipt of the washing machine and the worksheet for the person who came out to fix the washing machine to state problem was now sorted, once they recieved that he said vouchers will be sent out, everything was confirmed.

So i faxed them the receipt and the worksheet and didnt hear anything. After 3 weeks of chasing they told me someone from another company was going to come and assess the damage as what they do is compare the estimates. So another person came took pictures agreed to what we told him and went away. Once again didnt hear from them 2 weeks later i rang them and tehy said the claim has been declined from halifax on the basis that it was a one off water escape and due to that we had stopped using the washing machine. Which is a pile of bull S***t as i told them its the bath we had stopped using and that claim was declined the day i rang. So i questioned them why when they rep from halifax came sid it was all ok and vouchers will be on they way. They said they'd look into the matter, and i said i wanted to appeal against they decision, the lady said she will call me back and let me know.

Now its been 2 weeks ive been chasing them and no one will get back to me, i am totally frustrated and dont know what to do......can anyone advise me please?

OK, Firstly I think Halifax are being a bit naughty here - with regards to the bath - when did you notice there was a problem with the plumbing - they should take the date of noticing the damage as the date of incident. It doesn't matter if it has been gradually happenning, if you have done everything to stop the leak ONCE YOU KNEW ABOUT IT, they should deal with the resultant water damage from the bath (They will not cover the plumbing work)

With regards to the damage from the washing machine, I would write a calm letter explaining all the circumstances, and what you have told the adjusters that visited. If you have been trying to get answer from the claims handlers (with no luck) you really need to start thinking about escalating the complaint - the reason they have advised they are declining it is why it is covered!!!

"the claim has been declined from halifax on the basis that it was a one off water escape" - that is what the escape of water peril covers.

Good luck

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!