• Tweets

• Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer and that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim and don't add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the members of suggested above – it should be the final version. court, that I would respectfully requestup but I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SweetnSexyEnglish VS Brighthouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just lost my army pension and brighthouse are demending the money otherwise they said they will come and collect the goods with a balliff.Does anybody know if they will do this or are they just bluffing me,i am willing to pay but just not yet until i get some cash together,can anybody advise me

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just lost my army pension and brighthouse are demending the money otherwise they said they will come and collect the goods with a balliff.Does anybody know if they will do this or are they just bluffing me,i am willing to pay but just not yet until i get some cash together,can anybody advise me

hi lee

listen my friend as ex army you should not worry about these people anyway after what you guys do for your country. However they can only take stuff back when they have a court order and if you have paid more than half they cant get that so it is a bad debt. The only stuff they get back is if they see a weakness and are let in to take it. If they come to your door heres a bit of advice....phone the police and tell them they have threatened you with violence and then take an injunction out on the shop and its staff and by law they cant come near you again. Failing that if they are coming send me a message and i will come and wait for them with you. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some HELPFUL advice unlike the poster above.

Calling the police and lying stating that the Collectors have threatened you with violence won't work. Brighthouse work with the police, and are quite often accompanied by them for "difficult" customers.

Now the situation depends on whether or not you wish to continue payments or not at all.

Eitherway you need to have taken out their store cover. You can either send back the item (therefore not incurring the 50% charge w/o cover) or request a Collect & Hold. They will remove the item from your possesion and when you are able to resume payments (within 1 year) you can do so. Your current payments are FROZEN and no payments for that SINGLE item need be made.

If you choose to cancel you will lose out on the money already paid however that is a loss you sometimes have to accept. When you go into a HP Agreement with Brighthouse you are actually RENTING the item until the time period is over THEN and only then does it become yours.

---------------------

Also in further reference to other posters

1. There is NO Brighthouse model for laptops - How ridiculous can you get?!

2. YES By LAW you get a Minimum of 1 YEAR cover on all purchased goods HOWEVER the Optional Service Cover lasts the WHOLE DURATION of your renting which is usually 2-3years / 100 odd weeks.

3. Also those saying you dont need to buy the Damage Liability Cover. Only if you DO NOT have Home Insurance. How would you like it if you lent out your Xbox360 to a friend and their home got flooded ruining your Xbox360?

Its the same for Brighthouse. You are renting THEIR product. Its not yours yet.

EDIT:

If you truely HAVE been threatened by a collector notify your local store. They can root out who your assigned Collector was and the appropriate discipline can be actioned without jumping on the "I'm A Lawyer" bandwagon.

Sometimes asking works before shouting.

Edited by Arthwain

• 4 months later...

Oh well another one bites the dust, I am living proof that Brighthouse's stuff just aint worth the paperwork or money no matter how desperate you may be. My whirlpool washing machine purchased 15th Nov 2005 costing £606.84 is deceased lol. I have never purchased a washing machine that could eat so many of my garments, the fact their engineer came and ripped out a part of the machine which he stated whirlpool told them it was ok to do...:eek: shocked me, and one whirlpool engineer told me that whirlpool would sack any employee advising the taking out parts of the washing machine. The machine suffered constant PF (Pump Failures) until it escalated to FH which can only be Total Failure....

The machine lasted a total of 3 years (barely scraping into its third) for that money I would have expected many more, and it was the 2nd engineer from D&G who may I add are a bunch of fools....thats D&G not the engineer lol. saw that the drum was bent, something I hadn't noticed but once you've been shown it its hard to miss, the motor which I had always considered to be nosey but when you get used to something you stop noticing it, apparently the machine needed a drum, barrel and motor priced in at over £400 to fix which D&G refused due to it being a new contract they cancelled my insurance policy instead....

Had Brighthouse not been such tight ar.....es (you can fill in the blanks) proper whirlpool engineers would have been used in the first place but as they wanted to keep costs to a minimum you also get service to a minimum...so it wasn't until a whirlpool engineer came and pointed out the problems with the washing machine that you can understand why the machine suffered so many failures from the time of purchase, but just like those that currently shop there, when your desperate and thats the only option available you do what you do, but I can assure you it wasn't worth throwing £606.84 away for.

I now own a new washing machine for way less than the one from bright house and my advice to anyone even thinking of purchasing from bright house....think warranty, you will have non once you finish paying for you item unless you take out their own and what they offer will cost you an arm an a leg and they will use their own engineer where possible which means that they will fix or ignore things that recommended engineers would not....hence that noisy washing machine I had grown to live with already had a dodgy motor and bent drum when I got it but was never commented on with their own engineers during their 3 separate visits....the bearings in the drum made the machine sound like metal was being spun at high speed rather than clothes in the machine which the whirlpool engineer figured the problem from just turning the drum but brighthouse own engineer aint gonna point it out if it means okayin a job where parts cost so much.

I am so glad I no longer purchase anything from bright house:p

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

Hopefully Lefty will be along shortly as he may have some advice on this. The washing machine, IMHO, was not fit for its purpose, was shoddily repaired (numerous times) and did not last for a reasonable amount of time. The Sales of Goods (Implied Terms) Act may apply here. I'll send him a PM and get him to have a look.

Hopefully Lefty will be along shortly as he may have some advice on this. The washing machine, IMHO, was not fit for its purpose, was shoddily repaired (numerous times) and did not last for a reasonable amount of time. The Sales of Goods (Implied Terms) Act may apply here. I'll send him a PM and get him to have a look.

Well that's what I thought clemma, but this isn't the first item with them I have fought over, and after a while sometimes just cutting your losses lol seem like the best thing....not everyone has the same luck and my friend who shops there still cant believe I have had the worst luck with the majority of the items I brought out of the five items.

Dining Table and chairs- the faux leather seats due to the style are all split,

Lap top- well I had a huge battle with them over that already as it literally fell apart

Stereo- had a battle with them over the replacement speaker they sent claiming to be brand new

Xbox 360- luckily microsoft took care of that!!

Washing Machine - deceased!!

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Hi

When you bought this machine was it new or QR?

PJ

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

They cancelled your insurance - that's a good one, will email all the insurers and tell them there is a get out clause - when a car has an accident, just cancel the policy.

LOL I know, but I haven't been too impressed with Domestic & General anyway so they probably did me a favour cancelling the insurance rather than agreeing to fix it lol

Hi

When you bought this machine was it new or QR?

PJ

The washing machine was supposed to be knew but I wouldn't put anything past brighthouse based on my previous experiences with them. As you wouldn't expect a new Whirlpool washing machine to barely make it to it's 3rd year...and I have had a total of 5 repairmen three of them from brighthouse come out to look at the machine... and each time the repairmen came from brighthouse they barely did much and they never once inspected the machine, so the noisy motor was never mentioned by them though it was obviously loud, and as for the bent drum what can I say, because I doubt a drum gets bent from just washing clothes. or does it?

• 1 year later...
Hi there, after a little searching, ive found that Brighthouse are owned by Caversham Finance ltd.

Caversham Finance Ltd trading as BrightHouse

Chiltern House

Marsack Street

Caversham

READING RG4 5AP

England

Telephone: 0118 946 6000

Hope this helps

be safe

JGG

:)

hi ive been having problems with brighthouse the number i phoned is 0800 526 069 the internal number is 01923 488 200 hope this helps :)

• 7 months later...

hello i am having trouble with bright house at the moment the dudley store workers am very rude they am a brunch of (Edit) a couple of weeks ago they sent 2 blokes [bill & ben the flower pot men] trying to talk down to me but they soon left when my husband got bk??? all because the items that i add need repairing and they will not help me so i am not paying no more i will see them in court please let me now if anybody else is having problems with the dudley store cheers:-):jaw:

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed inappropriate language.

3. Also those saying you dont need to buy the Damage Liability Cover. Only if you DO NOT have Home Insurance.

How would you like it if you lent out your Xbox360 to a friend and their home got flooded ruining your Xbox360?

Its the same for Brighthouse. You are renting THEIR product. Its not yours yet.

wrong.......

if the item goes faulty then you are covered by SOGA

you DO NOT need any insurance and it is NOT compulsory under any HP rental agreement laws

its also against consumer law for the retailer to make it compulsory.

suggest the OP gets reclaiming mis-sold insurance

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

thank you to thebogmonster for head office number,

unfortunately another unhappy brighthouse customer. after my brand new fridge went into repair february 2010 with a fault on the gas canisters ( or so i was told ) i was given a loan fridge. which was delivered unwashed and in a really used state, i continued with payments and regular visits into the branch to see when mine was fixed, nearly 16 months later ive only just been told its beyond economical repair, and i can only get it wrote of :-x after numerous calls the the above number the regional manager finally got back to me, apparently my fridge was ready for delivery and i wasnt in. weird as they say its beyond repair :x waiting on him calling me back tomorrow again!!

im going to take this case to court if i have to, to get a new fridge that im STILL paying for as the fault was 8 weeks after delivery and wasnt due to misuse or in anyway my fault, just wondering before my appointment with CAB bureau, does anyone know what rights i have after 16 months of paying for the appliance and only just being told now, any help really appreciated thanks :)

:edit: just spoke to trading standards and there is nothing i can do apparently!! sooo angry and confused

Edited by unhappybrighthousecustome

The Brighthouse service cycle should take no longer than 6 weeks! if what your saying on the time scales is correct this is madness. I have seen this before whilst working for Brighthouse, Demand a replacement fridge of similar age and Value to your original one when it first went faulty, if you have OSC ( Optional Service Cover ) it states in the contract that if your item can not be fixed it will be replaced with one similar age and value, in your case it was brand new.

Dont ring H/O direct call the customer careline number found on the agreements you sign and report it through them, it is all logged and reviewed weekly by the company directors, each Regional Manager as 24hrs to close the complaints down or they get it in the neck, if you stand your ground hard enough you will get what you want just so they can make the complaint go away.

Good luck.

• 6 months later...

Have you had any luck with Brighthouse. my daughter has had the same problem with lap top. only she has finished paying. they sent it away to be fixed it came back to the store and has been sold to someone else. This has been going on since June. If you do happen to get the head office telephone number please pass it on to me. Thanks Rainie

• 2 months later...

Just recently me and my partner got an xbox 360 from brighthouse, we only quallified for second hand goods, we opted for the insurance in case it broke we was told that in the event of it brakeing they would fix it for no extra fee.

well guess wot 6 months later it broke kept freezeing on the main screen....

so we went back to Brighthouse to which they replyed that they would take the old one stop the payments on it and give us another one, but the payments would start afresh so we would at the end of it have payed 1300 pound for a 250 pound console wot a joke!

My bit of advice to this how ever desprate you are DONT GO TO BRIGHTHOUSE!!!!!!!