Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder sweetnsexyenglish Novitiate sweetnsexyenglish's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jun 2007

Default Does anyone know where I can get Brighthouse Head Office No.

Please help, I have an issue with Brighthouse and my laptop, however the store NEVER give you the head office number and guess what it's not even on the website!!

Please help!!

I have a Laptop which is falling apart before my very eyes, I refuse to pay anymore money one any of the items until the laptop is sorted, have spoken with the store who asked why didn't I just pay on the other two items, so I made an offer to pay on the two items but refuse to pay a penny more on the laptop which I still owe lil over 400 on (if that) it's price is just over 800 and by the time their interesticon is paid it will have cost me over a thousand pounds and I refuse to have it fixed because there is no way that an item costing that much should be falling apart.

Unfortunately the store is unwilling to co operate and I need to go over their heads if I am to see action!

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder jo1lygrngiant Novitiate jo1lygrngiant Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2007

Default Re: Does anyone know where I can get Brighthouse Head Office No.

Hi there, after a little searching, ive found that Brighthouse are owned by Caversham Finance ltd.

Caversham Finance Ltd trading as BrightHouse
    Chiltern House
    Marsack Street
    Caversham
    READING RG4 5AP
    England

Telephone: 0118 946 6000

Hope this helps
    be safe
    JGG

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder thebogmonster Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2007

Angry Re: Does anyone know where I can get Brighthouse Head Office No.

the phone number is 0800 526 069...ive just finished working for the company and its a joke..if anything breaks {small enough to carry}take it back put it on the counter and demand it being fixed...also dont take service cover cos you get a 12 month cover anyway its the law..

its like a weight off my shoulders leaving that company...if anybody outhere wants any tips or info get in contact with the bogmonster

Basic Account Holder irenep Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

Thumbs down Re: Does anyone know where I can get Brighthouse Head Office No.

I`m new to the forum and i am looking for advice about Brighthouse. I have only just found out about the Optional Service Cover actually being "optional". I have been paying 27 per week for the last 78 weeks for my TV and washing machine which includes OSC. After taking advice from a forum member I have written to my branch and head office to ask for this to be removed immediately and the Dundee branch have said they will cancel it so I will now only be paying 15 per week! Has anyone successfully claimed OSC back from them as I explained to their manager I was told that I needed this and would not get the goods without it! I have requested all the previous OSC back from them in a letter. Watch this space but don`t hold your breath.......

Basic Account Holder cdl Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2006

Site Team Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    or am I out?

Sweet and sexy what is the make and model of your laptop please?

Cagger since
    Jun 2007

Just an update to Conniff I did get it sorted and had it replased with a acer 17" which I then paid off you'll find the thread somewhere about that explains what I went thru and how I eventually won my right to a replacement

Basic Account Holder lacroix17 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2008
    I am in
    Edinburgh

Oh I am so surprised, well not really to discover that there are more dodgy Acer I presume Laptops sold by Brighthouse. 'Failing before your very eyes' Yes indeed well the same thing is happening to me and today I am actually going to return the lattop to Acer by DHL and pay no more to Britehouse..............T he laptop is worth about 600, I got a proper estimation not 800, or 1000 or if you pay cover nearly 2000!!!!!!!
    Lacroix

Cagger since
    Jun 2007

My laptop that was falling apart wasn't an ACER it was a brighthouse own make, my replacement acer has in fact been fine touch wood. But if you hadn't realised brighthouse over charge on goods and thats before they pile on interesticon or charges then I guess its been an eye opener for you.

Basic Account Holder bigjohn1971 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

i have dealt with ********se for many years and at this time am on my way to there store for the second time regarding my 56inch sagem tv which i purchased brand new. It has now been in for repair with the same fault twice and they have agreed that i can have a new tv but i lose the 3000 pounds i have paid already and i have to start a new agreement. I know not everyone has what i am about to do but i am 21 stones and an ex prize fighter so i am going to wait til they come to my door and deal with it then which is a shame because i dont operate like that, but if they want to be bullies well.......... watch this space hahaha

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty Highly informative Lefty's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    the West Midlands
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn1971 View Post
    i have dealt with ********se for many years and at this time am on my way to there store for the second time regarding my 56inch sagem tv which i purchased brand new. It has now been in for repair with the same fault twice and they have agreed that i can have a new tv but i lose the 3000 pounds i have paid already and i have to start a new agreement. I know not everyone has what i am about to do but i am 21 stones and an ex prize fighter so i am going to wait til they come to my door and deal with it then which is a shame because i dont operate like that, but if they want to be bullies well.......... watch this space hahaha
    You have the same implied rights with your TV on Hire Purchase as you do with a "normal" sale. You have the SUPPLY OF GOODS (IMPLIED TERMS) ACT 1973 on your side.

A "reasonable" person would expect a 3,000 TV to give longer service than 3 years.

Trading Standards. small claimsicon court. Then boxing gloves after that!

Cheers
    Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder leepylee Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2008
    I am in
    sunderland

I have just lost my army pension and brighthouse are demending the money otherwise they said they will come and collect the goods with a balliff.Does anybody know if they will do this or are they just bluffing me,i am willing to pay but just not yet until i get some cash together,can anybody advise me

Basic Account Holder bigjohn1971 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by leepylee View Post
    I have just lost my army pension and brighthouse are demending the money otherwise they said they will come and collect the goods with a balliff.Does anybody know if they will do this or are they just bluffing me,i am willing to pay but just not yet until i get some cash together,can anybody advise me
    hi lee
    listen my friend as ex army you should not worry about these people anyway after what you guys do for your country. However they can only take stuff back when they have a court order and if you have paid more than half they cant get that so it is a bad debt. The only stuff they get back is if they see a weakness and are let in to take it. If they come to your door heres a bit of advice....phone the police and tell them they have threatened you with violence and then take an injunction out on the shop and its staff and by law they cant come near you again. Failing that if they are coming send me a message and i will come and wait for them with you. lol

Basic Account Holder Arthwain Novitiate Arthwain's Avatar

Cagger since
    Sep 2008

Arrow Re: Does anyone know where I can get Brighthouse Head Office No.

Quote Originally Posted by leepylee View Post
    Here's some HELPFUL advice unlike the poster above.

Calling the police and lying stating that the Collectors have threatened you with violence won't work. Brighthouse work with the police, and are quite often accompanied by them for "difficult" customers.

Now the situation depends on whether or not you wish to continue payments or not at all.

Eitherway you need to have taken out their store cover. You can either send back the item (therefore not incurring the 50% charge w/o cover) or request a Collect & Hold. They will remove the item from your possesion and when you are able to resume payments (within 1 year) you can do so. Your current payments are FROZEN and no payments for that SINGLE item need be made.

If you choose to cancel you will lose out on the money already paid however that is a loss you sometimes have to accept. When you go into a HP Agreement with Brighthouse you are actually RENTING the item until the time period is over THEN and only then does it become yours.

---------------------

Also in further reference to other posters

1. There is NO Brighthouse model for laptops - How ridiculous can you get?!

2. YES By LAW you get a Minimum of 1 YEAR cover on all purchased goods HOWEVER the Optional Service Cover lasts the WHOLE DURATION of your renting which is usually 2-3years / 100 odd weeks.

3. Also those saying you dont need to buy the Damage Liability Cover. Only if you DO NOT have home insuranceicon. How would you like it if you lent out your Xbox360 to a friend and their home got flooded ruining your Xbox360?
    Its the same for Brighthouse. You are renting THEIR product. Its not yours yet.

EDIT:

If you truely HAVE been threatened by a collector notify your local store. They can root out who your assigned Collector was and the appropriate discipline can be actioned without jumping on the "I'm A Lawyer" bandwagon.

Sometimes asking works before shouting.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder dammad2809 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2010
    I am in
    Fife

Quote Originally Posted by jo1lygrngiant View Post
    Hi there, after a little searching, ive found that Brighthouse are owned by Caversham Finance ltd.

Caversham Finance Ltd trading as BrightHouse
    Chiltern House
    Marsack Street
    Caversham
    READING RG4 5AP
    England

Telephone: 0118 946 6000

Hope this helps
    be safe
    JGG

hi ive been having problems with brighthouse the number i phoned is 0800 526 069 the internal number is 01923 488 200 hope this helps

Basic Account Holder dammad2809 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2010
    I am in
    Fife

Quote Originally Posted by dammad2809 View Post
    hi ive been having problems with brighthouse the number i phoned is 0800 526 069 the internal number is 01923 488 200 hope this helps
    the 0800 number is possily the best 1 to phone

Basic Account Holder kelly2011 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

hello i am having trouble with bright house at the moment the dudley store workers am very rude they am a brunch of (Edit) a couple of weeks ago they sent 2 blokes [bill & ben the flower pot men] trying to talk down to me but they soon left when my husband got bk??? all because the items that i add need repairing and they will not help me so i am not paying no more i will see them in court please let me now if anybody else is having problems with the dudley store cheers

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Quote Originally Posted by Arthwain View Post

3. Also those saying you dont need to buy the Damage Liability Cover. Only if you DO NOT have home insuranceicon.
    How would you like it if you lent out your Xbox360 to a friend and their home got flooded ruining your Xbox360?
    Its the same for Brighthouse. You are renting THEIR product. Its not yours yet.

wrong.......

if the item goes faulty then you are covered by SOGAicon

you DO NOT need any insurance and it is NOT compulsory under any HP rental agreement laws

its also against consumer law for the retailer to make it compulsory.

suggest the OP gets reclaiming mis-soldicon insurance

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder unhappybrighthousecustome Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2011

thank you to thebogmonster for head office number,

unfortunately another unhappy brighthouse customer. after my brand new fridge went into repair february 2010 with a fault on the gas canisters ( or so i was told ) i was given a loan fridge. which was delivered unwashed and in a really used state, i continued with payments and regular visits into the branch to see when mine was fixed, nearly 16 months later ive only just been told its beyond economical repair, and i can only get it wrote of after numerous calls the the above number the regional manager finally got back to me, apparently my fridge was ready for delivery and i wasnt in. weird as they say its beyond repair waiting on him calling me back tomorrow again!!

im going to take this case to court if i have to, to get a new fridge that im STILL paying for as the fault was 8 weeks after delivery and wasnt due to misuse or in anyway my fault, just wondering before my appointment with CAB bureau, does anyone know what rights i have after 16 months of paying for the appliance and only just being told now, any help really appreciated thanks

:edit: just spoke to trading standards and there is nothing i can do apparently!! sooo angry and confused

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder the_advisor Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2011
    I am in
    UK

The Brighthouse service cycle should take no longer than 6 weeks! if what your saying on the time scales is correct this is madness. I have seen this before whilst working for Brighthouse, Demand a replacement fridge of similar age and Value to your original one when it first went faulty, if you have OSC ( Optional Service Cover ) it states in the contract that if your item can not be fixed it will be replaced with one similar age and value, in your case it was brand new.

Dont ring H/O direct call the customer careline number found on the agreements you sign and report it through them, it is all logged and reviewed weekly by the company directors, each Regional Manager as 24hrs to close the complaints down or they get it in the neck, if you stand your ground hard enough you will get what you want just so they can make the complaint go away.

Good luck.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE