• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
    • Hi DX - quick question, what is the bank likely to do when they get my letter of change of address ? also what is the worst they can do? thanks J1L
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Company in liquidation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest weegirl

Depends on how much they have in the way of assets, and how much debt they have.

You need to get details of their balance sheet - if they are a limited company, you can download their accounts at the Company Registry for £1. This will list their assets (what they own/money), and liabilities (what they owe).

You may be lucky, they may owe money, but it depends on whether those other creditors will sue or not. If you are first in line to get judgements, you may be okay providing the money is there.

Depends on how much is owed to you whether it is worth it or not. It can be an expensive business and if they have gone into liquidation, chances are they are claiming they have practically damn all.

Ok, well you become a "creditor" i would contact the administrators who will send you out the forms to fill in. You will then be in the list of creditors owed.

Your problem is they will pay the most important things first, like themselves (administrators)wages, HMCE etc. You may then get a small amount back but you will get somehting like 10p for each pound.

If you wanna name them or pm me with their name i can try to find out who the administrators are for you.

If you arent claiming much im afraid its gone!

To be honest, if it's in liquidation your best bet of seeing any (or at least a substantial amount) of your money would be if you'd paid for whatever it was by credit card and you can then issue a charge-back on the card.

I am personally beginning to believe that the credit card is your best friend for any purchase over about £20 (or any online/telephone purchase) as you always have the credit card company to go back to. Just make sure you keep on top of the bill and pay it off in full each month (I tend to use the card and immediately transfer the amount I spent over from my current account)

• Haha 1

Well see that's the thing, when I asked my credit card company about it they basically said it wasn't their problem and there wasn't much i can do through them - this was about 4/5 yrs ago and i don't have that card anymore - although I do need to start the 'reclaim' process against them!

The company are called Front Cover Girls Ltd and they owe me about £600-800!

What do u suggest??

You mean they went down a few years ago?

Name & Registered Office:

FRONT COVER GIRLS LIMITED

Company No. 03900882

Number of Cases: 2

To obtain details of the practitioner click on the appropriate case type description. Case Number: 2 (of 2 cases) Case Type: COMPULSORY LIQUIDATION Order to Wind Up: 15/01/2003 Petition Date: 14/11/2002 Case Number: 1 (of 2 cases) Case Type: CORPORATE VOLUNTARY ARRANGEMENT Date of Report: 26/02/2002 Notice of Completion: 21/10/2002

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Guest ArthurP
Well see that's the thing, when I asked my credit card company about it they basically said it wasn't their problem and there wasn't much i can do through them - this was about 4/5 yrs ago and i don't have that card anymore - although I do need to start the 'reclaim' process against them!

The company are called Front Cover Girls Ltd and they owe me about £600-800!

What do u suggest??

Don't take that from your credit card company.

It is 'Equal Liability' and they have to answer to you, and your claim, not the other way around.

Technically your credit card company, in the eyes of the law, are in Breach of Contract and/or Misrepresentation.

Send a stern letter to them to sort this out.

As above

Case Type:COMPULSORY LIQUIDATION Practitioner name:RATCLIFFE, GERARD NICHOLASPractitioner address:

IDEAL CORPORATE SOLUTIONS LTD

UNIT 6

LOCKSIDE OFFICE PARK

LOCKSIDE ROAD

PRESTON PR2 2YS

Practitioner name:HARRISON, THOMAS CHARLES EDWINPractitioner address:

RATCLIFFE & CO

1A TOWER SQUARE

33 WELLINGTON STREET

LEEDS

LS1 4HZ

Practitioner name:OR Croydon, The Official ReceiverPractitioner address:

6th Floor

Sunley House

Bedford Park

Croydon

CR9 1TX

Dappa

You have no chance of getting any money back. The company went into liquidation some 4 years ago (May 23 2003). I take it you had not informed the liquidator that you were a creditor and lodged your claim with them. Also why would the credit card company be liable for a debt over 4 years old. You should have done something about it when the company first went into liquidation.

Other advise you have been given:

Weegirl - completely wrong advise. Creditors cannot sue a company in liquidation. Liquidation stops all creditor action. The balance sheet filed at companie house would be out of date and not give a true reflection of the current posistion. If a company is in liquidation the balance sheet will more than likely be negative

Champnos - HMCE are not a preferred creditor anymore they are a creditor like anyone else and do not get paid before other creditors (except salaries, liquidators fees)

Also why would the credit card company be liable for a debt over 4 years old.

The statute limitation on debts is 6 years - it works both ways - the credit card company remains liable up to that point I believe

HMCE are not a preferred creditor anymore they are a creditor like anyone else and do not get paid before other creditors (except salaries, liquidators fees)

HMCE cannot be a preferred creditor as they ceased to exist some time ago.

Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is the agency that replaced both HMCE and Inland Revenue.

Guest weegirl

Other advise you have been given:

Weegirl - completely wrong advise. Creditors cannot sue a company in liquidation. Liquidation stops all creditor action. The balance sheet filed at companie house would be out of date and not give a true reflection of the current posistion. If a company is in liquidation the balance sheet will more than likely be negative

I should have been more clear in my original post. There is a way you can stop a company going into liquidation, but it involves High Court action which can be very expensive, and not worth it a lot of the time. Not any use in this case anyway as it turns out it happened some time ago. Companies house does run a year behind yes, but may give an idea of the trend of the business accounting.

Guest ArthurP
Dappa

You have no chance of getting any money back. The company went into liquidation some 4 years ago (May 23 2003). I take it you had not informed the liquidator that you were a creditor and lodged your claim with them. Also why would the credit card company be liable for a debt over 4 years old. You should have done something about it when the company first went into liquidation.

Not the case.

I know a lady who bought a holiday of a lifetime to go to Australia in 1991 but to actually travel in December 1999 but she only found out just months before going that the travel company had gone bust in 1993 and the CCC were still liable and paid up.

I believe there are no time limits on Equal Liability.

Yes but in that instance she had not actually had the benefit of the goods/service as it was in the future. With regarsd to Dappa we do not know anything about the debt or if he has received the goods/services.

Guest ArthurP
Yes but in that instance she had not actually had the benefit of the goods/service as it was in the future. With regarsd to Dappa we do not know anything about the debt or if he has received the goods/services.

Yes, I agree with you.

But it depends on how much/little Dappa's purchase has performed.

The credit card company work on a percentage basis of the purchased performance for Equal Liability.

The lady I know didn't benefit by even 1% and it may be that Dappa's purchase is the same which would entitle him to a refund regardless of what time has elapsed.

We need to know what he purchased.

• 4 weeks later...
Depends on how much they have in the way of assets, and how much debt they have.

You need to get details of their balance sheet - if they are a limited company, you can download their accounts at the Company Registry for £1. This will list their assets (what they own/money), and liabilities (what they owe).

How do you go about doing this, because

I have had similar problems with a company

that is well established, but has had part

of the business shut down due to

financial difficulties.

Some help would be appreciated

Agrred - Hopefully he can enlighten us some more

wow, have just caught up with this thread! Basically, it was one of those makeover / photo things and I was paying off monthly for the photos whilst being told that they were coming but they never did!!

But doesn't sound like there's much i can do now - Just get on to my old bank re the credit card cost??

Guest weegirl

To track limited companies, you can access the webcheck service for free on Companies House. If the records are held in another geographical area, you may have to track down your local office, I usually work with the Belfast branch at DETI. There are loads of sites offering the same search options and will sell you these records for an hugely inflated price, don't bother with these, they are a rip off. You can search yourself for free and each downloadable document is only £1, I have seen private firms quoting £50 for this free service.

You will then will be given an option to view the document titles that are available for download. You can download the registration details, and any returns, ie, change of directors, registered adress, and the last accounts. The accounts for public viewing are abridged, the full accounts are kept private but you can still see their balance sheet.

I hope this helps.

• 1 year later...
Ok, well you become a "creditor" i would contact the administrators who will send you out the forms to fill in. You will then be in the list of creditors owed.

Your problem is they will pay the most important things first, like themselves (administrators)wages, HMCE etc. You may then get a small amount back but you will get somehting like 10p for each pound.

If you wanna name them or pm me with their name i can try to find out who the administrators are for you.

If you arent claiming much im afraid its gone!

My employer has just gone into liquidation, owing the staff money, how do I find out who the administrators are ? My employer is called Kingdom Childcare ltd, 34 Wolverhampton rd, Stafford ST17 4BY, and will they write to me, or do I have to chase them ? Any advice would be helpful

This comapny is not listed as being subject to any sort of insolvency regime on Companies House website although it can take a few days to be updated. However, if you are an employee I would think it inconceivable that you are not contacted by the liquidators (not administrators - they deal with comanies in administration which is something else entirely).

• 9 months later...

Hi

My Exes company has just gone into liquidation and they are/were going to take her to county court to recover some money they say she defrauded tham of, (another long story but in essence she didnt do it and we can prove it). the court hearing is due in January 28th.

three things:

1. can they still take her to court even though the company will not exist?

2. who do we contact to obtain relevent details we need if we do go to court?

3. does the liquidator have to kep the records and all details of the liquidised company's computer details, paper records etc.? if so are they made available to any interested parties?

thanks in anticipation

HI, it's early Sunday morning so my reply might be a bit gar gar :)

If the company has gone down then, a receiver will have been appointed to wind it all up right?

If the company started a court action then, the receiver will decide if it is worth continuing. If you defend it and it looks like being dragged out and the costs start adding up then, in all probabilities they won't bother with the court. However, if the receiver thinks that money is owed to the company he/she might well pursue it.

I've assumed it is a limited company? perhaps you can go in to more detail.

The receiver will have collected all the paper records and taken charge of any assetts.

Nat West took my company out about 14 years ago, it was turning over a million and profitable year on year but, it did not stop them when they were sold to RBS, it also happened to about 3 good friends of mine. At the time the manager tried to get one of their customers to take over my business which, I managed to stop.

My new slogan for them is "Gone West with Nat West" I have no faith in banks whatsoever.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

The company is a limited company and as of today they are still able to go ahead according to the court clerk, even though they were supposed ot have paid another fee of £100.

It seems that the cout cut off date do not actually exist because they can decide whether to keep to the date or not!

So the situation now is that we are going ot have to sort out a lot of stuff to prove that my partner did not defraud the company. The stupid thing is the company did not call in the police to check or to arrest her for this or anything else!

One of the main things is that they paid her 10 hours overtime each month for 6 months and then at the tribunal, they said that she was not entitled to it! I know that there is a contract called implied contract where if a payment like this is estqablished over more than two payments then the contract is established.

We are now waiting to see what is going to happen.

I am still sure that if the company is in liquidation then they are not able to take anyone to court as the company does not actaully exist!

any advice will be very acceptable.

jasperpad