Cancelling car insurance within 14 days

Titan13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i would like to cancel my car insurance within the 14 day cooling off period, but i made a claim a couple of days ago because my car was stolen. Is it possible to cancel this claim (its a very cheap car) and still get the full refund within the 14 days?

In a word - NO.

In effect you have used the policy and the full premium will be due and may be deducted from any claim settlement if you are paying by direct debit.

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

Afraid Xchris is totally correct.

If you cancel during the cooling off period then it would be as if you never had insurance in the first place and the claim wouldnt be honoured anyway.

Just reread the post and misread it (doh) presume when your car was stolen you reported it? if so then if you cancel your insurance then the police would then have you for no insurance.

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Have I helped? tip the scales

What you can do - if this is the better option for you - is to withdraw your claim, and then issue the 14 day cancellation notice. You will then get (nearly) all your premiums back.

The thing about this though, is if your car gets recovered, you will be liable for either the towing & storing charges or the rest of the years premium.

Regards

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!