Urgently need help on this please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Last week I put in some money in my bank to cover my direct debit for my car insurance. However it seems the bank dont operate a same day policy when it comes to paying in money on the same day of the dd coming out. This resulted in the dd being unpaid and the bank charging me. So I phoned up the insurance company the next day and told them of the situation and they said that they'd apply again for the dd in 5 days time. That day is today. Once again I put money into cover the dd amount. But I've just looked at my account and the insurance company are taking out an extra £25 as a charge. This brings the total amount over the amount that I paid in to cover the dd. Therefore i have a feeling the dd will be unpaid again, which will result in yet another charge from the bank. Phoned them up again and they just said that it's a default charge and nothing they can do about it. I just said I wanted to speak to a manager, who will now be phoning me back at 1pm. Could anyone please give me a good argument to the manager so that they will refund the money?

The woman on the phone today told me that if I had phoned up on the day the dd was originally coming out, they could have stopped another dd coming out. Now how in god's name could I have done that when I didnt know the dd was going to be unpaid. I phoned up the very next day but they just informed me that they would try again in 5 days time. No mention of charging or anything. Sorry if all sounds confusing but really need advice asap. Thanks :?

Yes - under the DD Guarantee the company has to give you 14 days notice if they are changing the amount they are taking from your account. They have obviously breached this

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!