• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

T4FF vs RBoS - **WON**

isidore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Have started proceedings, so thought I'd pop a post in........

Just sent off my DPA letter for 2 accounts held with RBoS. Wait to hear a response.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Had my statements through on the weekend for my main account. Wasn't expecting them this quickly! Not seen anything of my other account so will wait and see. Now to do some counting........

From anyone's experience, should I have had both accounts statements together? Both accounts were on the same DPA letter to RBOS. Already wondering whether this is them causing me hassle, will wait and see what comes this week.

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

T4FF,

no I would imagine that they are being dealt with separately, but give your Branch a call just to check on progress (assuming that you kicked things off with your Branch).

BC:cool:

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

Didn't go through branch - went direct to customer relations. No number for them (the statements I received had no correspondence). Have therefore sent this reminder.........

I wish to confirm receipt of 6 years worth of statements for account number ######## on the 9th September. I would like to draw to your attention however, to the fact that my previous correspondence requested information on both ######## and ########. As there was no correspondence with the statements you sent, I do not know if the statements relating to ######## will be arriving shortly or whether they have been overlooked.

I would therefore like to remind you that I require a complete list of transactions and charges for ########. A complete set of statements will be acceptable.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent off my preliminary letter for my first account today!!!

Total Charges - £2,385.36 with interest charges of £409.61.

Bon oeuf!

Tomba has just completed against RBS, well done him, the CAG juggernaught keeps on rolling!!

BC:smile:

Green On!

• 2 weeks later...

Going to split the accounts into two threads. Second account is now here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/36175-t4ff-rbos2.html#post284206

hi taff just to let you know. i won. bank opaid just under 4 k plus wrote off my od which was 2k. about 3 or 4 hundred what i asked. really happy about this AS I DONT EVEN NEED TO APPLY TO COURT. hope your calim goes as well. will be watching. good luck.susanne

rbos prem letter sent 25th aug 06

give me 10 more days letter received 2nd sept 06

lba sent 7th sept 06

settled in full 7/10/2006

No suprise here then....

Thank you for your letter of September 2006. I apologise for any dissatisfaction cause by the application of charges to your account.

We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent. We consider that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with us and our published tariff, which we are satisfied, complies with all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give to our customers about the operation of our products.

We have considered and responded to the Office of Fair Trading's statement of 5 April 2006. We do not accept the Office of Fair Trading's findings in relation to credit card fees. We are concerned that the Office of Fair Trading has publicly called into question the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts. The Office of Fair Trading has restricted its investigation to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS or the industry in relation to other, entirely different products.

Consequently, against that background, we must differ with the views expressed in your letter and will not be refunding any of the charges applied to your bank account.

Again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write.

Going to prepare my LBA now. Do I wait until the full 14 days is up on the prelim (tomorrow) before issuing this??

I'd send the prelim today, if its the 14 days tomorrow can't see them having a change of heart before then.

Stacy xx

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

LBA sent....

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxx

Thank you for your letter of xxxx. The 14 day period I defined for resolution of this matter has now ended without satisfactory conclusion.

As I have already stated, I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would once again draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

As previously discussed, I calculate that you have taken £xxxx plus £xxxx, which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £xxxx. I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of xxxx.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days, then I shall begin a court claim against you for the full amount, plus the standard 8% APR interest, as well as my costs and without further notice to you.

Response to LBA....

Thank you for your letter and I am sorry to learn that you remain dissatisfied.

There is nothing that I can add constructively to past correspondence but I would like to resolve matters with you. Against that background and as a gesture of goodwill without admission of error or liability, I am offering you the sum of £1,500 in full and final settlement of your complaint. However, our Terms & Conditions will continue to apply and any charges that accrue in the future must stand.

I hope you will consider this to be a fair and reasonable settlement and on receipt of your signed acceptance, I will make arrangements for payment within 5 working days.

Letter is going back to say I accept this.............as partial settlement of my claim. Also noticed the weekend that they have cancelled my bank card the buggers!

Thank you for your letter dated xxxx. I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My letter before action sent previously indicates that you have until xxxx to respond before Court action commences. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

I'm also going to close my account today. I've discovered this weekend that my card has been cancelled. I'm slowly repairing my credit history and I've no intention of having it ruined by someone with sour grapes in RBS closing my account once all this is finished. I know it rarely happens, but I'm not going to take the risk.

T4FF,

certainly sounds like you mean business. Keep holding out, there's a big glut of claims being paid out at the mo and I just hope yours is in the pile somewhere.

BC:cool:

Green On!

Had a letter through this weekend to say they are going to settle my claim in full. :eek:

Slightly peeved it didn't get to court (and an extra 8% :lol:) but I am over the moon. Obviously, will be writing to them on Monday to accept their offer, but how should I go about this because I have a 2nd account with them that is taken a lot longer to sort out?

Bit concerned that they will be put me in a position where I will not be able to claim for the second account.

Will post their response on Monday so you can look see their wording - not got the letter on me now.

Not going to say thanks yet - the money's not in my bank yet. ;-)

I am sorry that you remain dissatisfied with our earlier offer and as a consequence have reconsidered your claim.

As mentioned previously, we prefer to resolve matters with you direct and as an exceptional matter, have agreed to meet your claim of £2,794 in full.

Payment is to be made on the basis of a full and final settlement of your complaint. It is offered as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of liability or error. Also, our terms and conditions will continues to apply and any future charges, in the absence of a bank error, will stand.

If you are prepared to accept my offer on this basis, please sign and return the copy of this letter. On receipt of your signed acceptance, arrangements will be made for payment within 5 working days.

Marvellous!

So the question is, how does this leave my claim for my 2nd bank account? By accepting the settlement, how can I ensure I can still make my 2nd claim?

write back saying you accept the offer but none of the terms attached to it!

MCOL 15/06/06

Do you think this will be ok??

Thank you for your letter dated xxxx. I wish to accept your offer of settlement on the above account. This will be on the basis of a full and final settlement of my complaint on the above account on the grounds that any future charges will stand.

To clarify my position, I am currently in the process of obtaining bank statements from you for a previously held account, which I am yet to receive statements for (57 days into what should be a 40 day Data Protection Act request!). I will be progressing my complaint on this account in due course and my acceptance of this settlement will in no way alter my proceedings on my other account.

Finally, having recently changed banks, the above account has been automatically closed as part of the switch. I would therefore ask that you transfer the funds to xxxx, alternatively a cheque will suffice.

Yours sincerely

Should be ok!

• Confused 1

MCOL 15/06/06

Received my cheque in the post on Saturday!! Woohoo!!

Thanks to all that have given input.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Well done, and good luck with second account!

Stacy xx

MCOL 15/06/06

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for your help and the link! that is inspiring and will take it all the way... i nearly gave up! But it seems it was just a lot of jargon and a letter that gets sent to everyone...

Well done!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barclays - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18th October

RBS - £1543.40

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 18th October

Statements received 2nd November

Prelim sent 3rd November

LBA sent 21st November

• 1 month later...

hi I've been reading through your posts. I am in a situation with RBS also and just wondered if you could help as you've been through it. I have had no reply since my LBA- reply should have been by 14/12. so I'm now starting my claim on-line. when filling in the spreadsheet would you include the £10 charges i was charged for going over my over draft every month? if so would they come under 'cleared transaction' charges.

Any help much appreciated

hi I've been reading through your posts. I am in a situation with RBS also and just wondered if you could help as you've been through it. I have had no reply since my LBA- reply should have been by 14/12. so I'm now starting my claim on-line. when filling in the spreadsheet would you include the £10 charges i was charged for going over my over draft every month? if so would they come under 'cleared transaction' charges.

Any help much appreciated

If you were charged for going over your overdraft, it wouldn't be £10 a month. If this charge is a regularly one (ie EVERY month), I would suspect this is more likely to be your Royalties account charge? Are you sure this is an overdraft charge? In response to your question, IF it is an od charge then yes you would claim it.