The Great British Mobility Chair co refused to refund bespoke chair not fit for purpose

Armchair
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise/help?

My elderly disabled gran purchased what was supposed to be a made to measure recliner chair in January of this year,

the salesman took measurements for the perfect fit & it was explained at the time to the salesman

that my gran needs to sit on an air cushion so the arms would need to be higher,

which he said would not be a problem and (which was also confirmed to have been noted by the salesman in the company records),

during a telephone conversation by the company representative,

when I called to complain When it arrived it didn't fit her and she could not use it at all as the arms were far too low

so useless piece of very expensive furniture at the price of £1,950.00, paid in full by delivery date.

My mother complained to the company by telephone numerous times, only to be fobbed off and told that someone would be in touch, nobody came back to her.

Then when I eventually called on behalf of my gran and spoke to management they assured me that they would get the issue resolved asap.

My Mother received a telephone answer message from the original salesman who stated that he would be in touch when he was in the area.

My Grans health has since deterioated in the past year and she would be unable to use the chair even if the measurements were corrected.

The chair has never been used and was never ever usable and has caused great upset and distress and cost her dearly from a small income,

I am very angry and hope somebody here can help us :-x

Write out the entire story in a detailed bullet-pointed chronology.

Send it by way of a letter to the company and tell them that you require that they collect the chair and return all of you money or else you will sue them in 7 days.

Don't make this threat unless you intend to carry it out.

At the end of the 7 days, sue them. Don't delay. Don't hang around. Always carry out your threats.

There is no other solution.

What is the name of the company?

Thankyou for your swift response because I am at my wits end. The company is 'The Great British mobility Group Ltd' in North Somerset. In my complaints over the phone I have asked for a refund as was told that they would not give a refund?

Hi

Amazily if you check there website they have even breached there own 'Customer Charter' so i would print that out and use it against them.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

surely also

SOGA 'unfit for purpose'

totally applies here too

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/sogaataglance

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...