• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclays Bank PPI Masterloan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Re: Barclays Masterloan PPI

Hi

I've been following with interest your experiences with chasing up Barclays with regard to the above. I too had a Barclays Masterloan with PPI which I paid off in 2008. I sent a registered letter to what I thought was the right address in Liverpool to obtain full information about the account at the beginning of Dec 2011. The letter has just been returned to me marked 'addressee gone away' and also saying that the postcode was wrong. I also copied the letter to the Customer Relations Manager at the Head Office of Barclays in Canary Wharf, London, but have had no reply. Could you let me know which address you wrote to to get your SAR and other info from Barclays? The address I had was PO Box 85, Maghull, Liverpool L31 6WW. Regards

Re: Barclays Masterloan PPI

Hi

I've been following with interest your experiences with chasing up Barclays with regard to the above. I too had a Barclays Masterloan with PPI which I paid off in 2008. I sent a registered letter to what I thought was the right address in Liverpool to obtain full information about the account at the beginning of Dec 2011. The letter has just been returned to me marked 'addressee gone away' and also saying that the postcode was wrong. I also copied the letter to the Customer Relations Manager at the Head Office of Barclays in Canary Wharf, London, but have had no reply. Could you let me know which address you wrote to to get your SAR and other info from Barclays? The address I had was PO Box 85, Maghull, Liverpool L31 6WW. Regards

Best to start your own thread.

SAR can go to the registered office....send recorded so you can check when they receive it

ims

HI Peonygarden

This is the address I used . Good luck because they take forever. If you know you have PPI on the loans , I would ring Barclays and register your complaint for PPI misselling by telephone . They will ask for a reason so be prepared for that, you don't have to give chapter and verse, but once you do complain they give you a reference and that sets the time limits for dealing with your complaint, so if they are late in fulfilling the SAR , it does not delay your claim.

Barclays

Data Protection Dept,

Legal & Regulatory Compliance

1234 Pavilion Drive

Northampton

NN4 7SG

As IMS advised , start your own thread and I can help I will be happy to do that

Regards

W

HI Peonygarden

This is the address I used . Good luck because they take forever. If you know you have PPI on the loans , I would ring Barclays and register your complaint for PPI misselling by telephone . They will ask for a reason so be prepared for that, you don't have to give chapter and verse, but once you do complain they give you a reference and that sets the time limits for dealing with your complaint, so if they are late in fulfilling the SAR , it does not delay your claim.

Barclays

Data Protection Dept,

Legal & Regulatory Compliance

1234 Pavilion Drive

Northampton

NN4 7SG

As IMS advised , start your own thread and I can help I will be happy to do that

Regards

W

Many thanks for that W and IMS. I will write to the address you have given me and will telephone Barclays. I'll also start my own thread (although not quite sure how to do that as I'm new to this way of communicating with others!)

Regards

peony1gardens

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?111-Payment-Protection-Insurance-(PPI)

Peony, just click on the link above and it will take you to the correct forum - At the top or bottom of the page linked above you will see "POST NEW THREAD" Click on that and a dialogue box will open and you can post away :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well done, please keep us updated on your progress :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I've moved the other posts over so your thread makes more sense.

Best avoid phone calls unless you record them.

Keep everything in writing so you have a papertrail.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi W and IMS,

I wrote to the address you gave me for getting information on the above and today I received a letter from Barclays with a copy of my loan agreement and a list of all payments made. There is the amount of the loan and then the total charge for credit added to that but no breakdown of PPI and Interest.

I thnink I have solid grounds for reclaiming PPI as I was working less than 16 hours per week at the time I took out the loan and can prove this through my salary slips from that time.

The question is how do I proceed from here and how can I find out how much of what I paid was PPI? I can give you further details of the loan, interest charged etc if you wish.

Thanks

peony1gardens

Peony, I have merged your latest thread with the thread you already had in place.

It is better to keep one issue to one thread, that way you keep in contact with those people advising you.

They will receive email notices that you have posted, only if you keep to the one thread.

BCOBS

Hi Peony,

Reply to Barclays saying:-

Dear sir or madam,

Your SAR reply dated xxth January 2012

Your reply to my SAR is inadequate because it does not readily identify PPI charges made to the account throughout it's duration.

The date for compliance expires on [40 days after your SAR was sent]. Please ensure you reply before that date.

Yours faithfully,

:wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi,

I have done what you suggested in your last thread and have written again to Barclays about the inadequacy of their reply to my SAR request. I made my cheque for £10 for the SAR payable to' Barclays Bank' but have had it returned to me today because it does not have a name and account number on it ( they mistakenly believe it is a Barclaycard account I'm paying into) so they can't cash it. Are they being deliberately obstructive? I did make it clear in my letter to them that the cheque was for the SAR. Can someone suggest to whom I do make the cheque payable at Barclays?

Thanks

peony

Hi

Cheque made payable to Barclays Bank or Barclays Bank plc.

They are giving you the runaround.

You need to write back and tell tham that this is ot for any of your accounts but is for a Subject Access Request made under the Data Protection Act and that they shoud now stop messing around and give you your data. Write on the back of the cheque that it is for SAR purposes only.

ims

Did you not pay them the £10 fee when you sent the original SAR.

:?:

Hi

Don't give up, they are really shocking at fulfilling their SAR.

I rang and complained as they ignored/ sent back letters, so give that a go and get a complaint reference , then follow that up with a letter quoting their reference. You are then on their radar.

I also registered my PPI complaint at the same time while I was waiting for my SAR, it didn't quite work out as they closed it after the sorted the SAR , so perhaps register that seperately. The advantage of doing this is the clock starts ticking in realtion to the time they have to handle your PPI complaint and you have a Barclays reference if and when you need to complain about any delays.

Regards

W

Hi W,

Thanks for your very useful advice. I shall persist and let you know how I get on. Delighted to find out from your thread that you've been successful with getting PPI back on 2 of your loans. Well done, as they say. Good luck with the 3rd one.

Regards

Peony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ims and anyone else who can help!

I have now registered my complaint with Barclays regarding the Masterloans I had with them (It turns out I had 2 loans - one taken out in 2003 and another in 2004. I must have used the loan for the 2nd to pay off the first). I have sent them all the paperwork including the loan agreements and Masterloan Numbers etc. Today I had a reply from them asking me for the sort code and account number to the loan accounts I had with them. I rang them up to ask them what that meant and it seems that because I don't have my current account or any other accounts with them (althoughi I do have 2 Barclaycards with them) they cannot verify my identity because they can't ask me any security questions. I therefore have to go into a branch of Barclays with some form of ID in order to obtain the information I need ie the sort code and account numbers of the loan accounts I had.

Is what they're asking legitimate or are they just giving me the runaround again? Surely if they have the Masterloan numbers and details they should be able to find the rest of the info they need. After all they let me have these loans without my having an account with them.

Thanks

Peony

Hi

It might be easier and quicker to do what they ask, i.e to verify your identity. You may like to let them know that as far as you are concerned, their time limit for the investigation of your complaint has already started.

ims

Hi Peony,

If your address has changed since you last had the loans with them, their request is reasonable and will enable them to verify your new address.

If you haven't moved since the loans, the request is not reasonable in my view and they should communicate with you without further delay.

Tell them this in writing though, and not by phone.

Sorry, when I replied above, I had not seen Ims's post on this new page.

Go for it, Peony !!