SPC - anyone heard of them? cap1 debt

BlueBox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a call today from an outfit calling themselves SPC. Receiving calls from debt collectors is unfortunately not an uncommon experience for me at present, so not surprising in itself.

However, they claimed they had written to me on 'a very urgent matter' but I've never heard of them before.

They asked me the usual stuff - can you confirm your address and date of birth etc. Naturally, I had no intention of providing any of that.

I asked who they were representing - "We can't say - Data Protection"

So who are you, what does SPC stand for? "Can't say - Data Protection"

I phoned them back in the hope of getting a sensible answer. What does SPC stand for - "I can't say"

What's your line of business - "Personal business matters"

Anyone know of them? A quick search of the forum didn't reveal anything. The number they called from is 0845 839 6245 but a Google search on that (even using different formats) revealed nothing either.

I still find it incredible that despite all the warnings about identity theft, these morons expect you to provide personal details without even saying why they are calling or who you represent.

I wouldn't worry about it. If it's important, they'll write to you.

As a general rule I would never respond to security questions from anyone who has called me. If someone calls me that I have a business relationship with and I am happy to speak to them, then I call them back at a publicly available number and then go through security. It's a good way of reducing the risk of identity theft.

As for debt collectors, there is rarely a good reason for speaking to them on the phone. Always tell them to write to you. Whilst they may be monkeys on the other end of the phone they are monkeys who are trained to intimidate you. It's much easier and safer to deal with them in writing.

Thanks for that.

According to their website

Stirling Park adheres to a strict code of professional conduct and operates professionally and expeditiously across Scotland, the United Kingdom and Europe. As Messengers-at-Arms and Sheriff Officers we operate to the highest ethical and professional standards.

Yeah, right!

Only Scottish connection is RBS/Mint, so could be for them.

Solved it now - had misheard them and it was actually was FPC - aka Frederickson's on behalf of my incompetent chums at Cap One.

As predicted, letter was waiting when I got home. Account is actually in dispute due to no CCA being supplied - just blank T&Cs