How long till i get first payment on jobseekers allownce

dave0876
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there i have put a claim in for jobseekers.I had my first interview where u set up your agreement to find work etc and recieved my signing on book i have to go back on thursday and sign on but my claim is to be back dated when will i receive my first payment.I am new to this as ive been employed full time since i left school until now.Don't plan being on benefits long already had two interviews waiting on replies, dont fancy going down to sign on for ever the place is full off dead beats.

hi-ya Dave0876 not sure if i can help but if i am incorrect im sure someone will get it right.

I recently made a claim for income support i had to go down to the job centre etc i was told it could take up to two weeks anyway i couldnt wait that long so i rang up for a crisis loan they call you back by 2pm if you call early, anyway they told my i couldnt get a crisis loan if you are entitled to a benefit but you can request an intrim payment, anyway cut along story short the troll on the "help" ha-ha desk wouldnt put me through to income support even though the guy on the crisis loan dept had sorted it for me so in the end(next day) i had to have a crisis loan, imagine the day after i get a giro from income support telling me they have sorted out my claim! I think if you apply for a crisis loan it helps to get your JA claim sorted quicker. sorry for waffling on mate hope it helps

After signing the money should be in your bank 3 WORKING days later.

This does include new claims

Mich7K

i deal with these ppl due to my work everyday. I am not DWP staff but i should be due to the amount of times i speak to them per day due to clients.

This is the normal experiances but it should not take 2 weeks from date of claim to first money as you are nott allowed to be left without money for more than 2 weeks and if they do u can make a formal complaint and gain some type of compensation.

most employees dont get trained properly and most of them could not tell you anything at all regarding the way things happen.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

hi Godmother thank you for your advice my son has had his claim for dla refused(see my other thread just before this one) i plan to appeal but which organisation do i approach for help?

i will look at your thread b4 i comment.

I will comment on your other thread so i dont confuse anybody.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.