Help Please - Driving Test Cancelled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Hope someone can shed some light.

I had a driving test today and was there ready for it. Unfortunately the manager of the DSA test center advised that they had to cancel my test as the examiner was ill. I was told they will send me a letter and he provided me a 'refunding out-of-pocket expenses' form.

On the form it states that the DSA will not pay me for the lesson I took the hour before the exam and that they will not pay me for the earnings lost as i had booked it from work as a holiday. [they only pay if you took it as unpaid leave]. They will only pay me the amount I paid the instructor to use his car for the hour.

I am now in a situation where I have paid for a lesson before the test [which didn't happen] and will be required to do this again. I will also have to pay for lessons in the mean time to maintain my standards and there is no guarantee that i can do the test at the time they provide me due to the instructor having planned lessons and my employer not being able to give me further holiday. On top of this i have now wasted half a days holiday.

The form states that they cannot compensate any costs if the test is canceled due to bad weather etc which i agree with, as it is neither there or my fault.

I feel that i am having to incur all the costs through no fault of my own. Do i have any rights to object to this?

Personally I would like them to pay for the usual 2 hours lessons a week i take up until the test and to also pay for the hour i take before the test. It would also be nice if they could pay me for the holiday i have taken to 'take the test'.

All i got was 'sorry there is nothing we can do'. Can someone advise me as to what i can do? I plan on speaking to the customer service dept tomorrow, but don't think i will get any joy :(

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi 123KaKa

I would imagine you will only be able to claim monies which are allowed by the DSA, sorry

Andy

Testing centres are open for many hours from morning till late, a test could be managed to suit your time. with regards the lesson b4 the test, you do-not have to have a lesson b4 the test, that is ur choice, ur instrutor should still allow you to use the car for the test itself which you will have to pay for, something you will need to arrange with him/her.

Expecting them to cover the holiday you took from work, along with further lessons untill the next test date, also the lesson b4 the test, you must be smoking a pot pipe, or kidding urself....that won't happen...

End of day its not the test centres fault the driving examiner was taken ill, its just hard luck really.... Hope you pass when you take the test... good luck, in the meantime concentrate on the lessons and test and not what you can get from the test centre for something out of there control....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.