Paris attacks: Dozens dead and hostages held at Bataclan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Paris attacks: Dozens dead and hostages held at Bataclan

At least 40 people have been killed in multiple shootings in the French capital, Paris, and explosions near the Stade de France.

French media say at least 15 people have been killed near the Bataclan arts centre, where up to 60 people are reportedly being held hostage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203

Latest updates as i find it.

At Least 35 Dead in Paris Attacks, 100 Hostages Taken: Reports

At least 35 people were reported dead during multiple acts of violence in Paris, including shootings in a Paris restaurant and explosions near the country’s main sports stadium, the AP said.

Police said at least 11 people were killed in a Paris restaurant in the 10th arrondissement, while at least another 15 were killed in the Bataclan theater, the AP reported.

About 100 hostages were also taken at the theater, AP said.

Separately, two explosions took place near the Stade de France stadium, where France and Germany were playing a soccer match, the AP said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-13/french-police-report-shootout-explosions-in-paris-ap-says

French president has declared a state of emergency & closed the country's borders.

Paris Attacks: Where to Watch Live, Breaking Coverage Online

As we all try to make sense of Friday’s shootings and explosions in Paris, here are some news outlets that are offering live streaming coverage.

France 24: Paris-based news outlet that offers a livestream in English, French and Arabic

CNN Go: Offers 10 minutes of free viewing, then those with cable providers can log in for unlimited access

Fox News Go: Need a cable provider to log in

CBS News

NBC News

Sky News Live: British-based news outlet

More to come…

Watch President Obama comment on Paris attacks

David Cameron ✔ @David_Cameron

I am shocked by events in Paris tonight. Our thoughts and prayers are with the French people. We will do whatever we can to help.

9:57 PM - 13 Nov 2015

Multiple explosions also occurred at a bar near France’s national stadium, the Stade de France, at least one of which was reportedly a suicide bombing.

The explosions were heard while a football match between France and Germany was taking place at the stadium. President Hollande was evacuated from the stadium after the blasts occurred, according to the Associated Press.

Video-explosion can be heard.Some say three went off.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/gun-attack-explosion-reported-in-paris/

At least 60 dead and hostages,can you believe this news.

It is a nightmare across Europe and the world tonight i feel.

But just what some want,i understand that.

To create panic and destruction to innocent people going about their business.

Cowards and thugs that intimidate men women and children and communities across the world.

My view of things tonight.

Will calm down now and find the latest on this tragic news of terrorism.

BREAKING: Police storm Paris Bataclan concert hall where hostages held

Video and live updates

- http://on.rt.com/6wd7

23:32 GMT

Reuters reports several explosions heard near Bataclan theater where hostages were taken.

Just been checking who was playing there tonight.A American group from California i think.

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL + WHITE MILES the name of the group.

I wonder if they are safe or are hostages.

Will find out.And check for latest.

http://www.bataclan.fr/agenda.php?id=1059&annee=2015&mois=11

Just seen a 12 second video i will leave that for now.You understand i hope.

The news of this barbaric act is now sweeping the world.

Paris reels from attacks Latest update one minute ago.23-54pm

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/index.html

Well checked on the band they escaped.A report.

Eagles of Death Metal reportedly escaped offstage as Paris attacks began

http://mashable.com/2015/11/13/eagles-of-death-metal-paris-attacks/#l7X.YAbD7Gqa

In these situations only over time do some details become clear.

Panic everywhere as you would expect.

And thousands of things been said and written every minute.

BREAKING: French President Hollande cancels participation at G20 meeting in Turkey this weekend: sources http://reut.rs/1NRcPXG

Authorities have retaken concert hall where hostages were held in Paris Attacks

Breaking: Attack on Paris concert hall with 60+ hostages is over, at least 2 attackers killed - police, http://on.mash.to/1N2CqOn

Eagles Of Death Metal

Musician/Band · 301,078 Likes · 25 mins ·

We are still currently trying to determine the safety and whereabouts of all our band and crew. Our thoughts are with all of the people involved in this tragic situation.

00-11 60 People confirmed dead.

Some saying rapid checks being checked on people returning from fighting in Middle East.

You know,the people who pop off to fight then return as if nothing untoward is going on.

Just saying as no one seems to know yet who has done it.Yet.

Confusing situation in Paris at the moment.

Sure the mayor just said 80 dead,but accent may have fooled me.Will edit when known.

Worst ever in Paris.

Do not have much detail of how big explosions near stadium.Went off at half time.

Situations ongoing in areas of Paris.

Live activity and dangerous situations still happening.When i find out what i will say.

People being evacuated now from Concert. Stadium.00-22,people running,scared as you would expect.

Police and medical staff everywhere.

Medical Staff waiting till able to move in.

Total lockdown.

10th 11th district restaurant men walked in and started shooting.

Rumour still of hostage situation at third restaurant.

Explosives they have.

So giving rise towards coordinated terrorist attack some believe.

Supporters in football stadium on the pitch some are saying.

Things misty at the moment,rumours of how many killed things like that.

Rumours earlier of bomb threat at german teams hotel,earlier in the day.

France seals borders as terror attacks in Paris kill dozens http://ti.me/1lnJrgs

10th district restaurant situation,shots earlier,rumours 4 shot but not certain.Confusing situation.

3 shootings simultaneously in 3 restaurants at the same time.

Some say the areas are not far away from people who are being looked at very closely in Paris.

For a good while.

Not far from the Charlie Hebdo attack last year.

Very crowded areas on a popular area of Paris on a Friday Night.

4TH Explosion Just gone off.00-44

I will check on this.As many rumours abound.

Seen no reports.

Deadly attacks across Paris

CBS News-11 minutes ago

PARIS -- A French police official says at least 100 people have been killed ... A French police official confirmed to the AP one explosion in a bar ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/paris-explosion-stadium-shootout-restaurant/

Scenes from the Paris attacks

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/13/scenes-from-paris-france.html?utm_

Police are telling Parisians to avoid leaving home unless absolutely necessary and to go to hotels and other public places if they are in need of shelter.

The French Presidency announced that public roads have been closed until further notice. Paris police also announced that five metro lines have been closed. However, according to a Reuters report, airports will remain open and flights and trains will continue on schedule. All schools and universities in the region will be closed on Saturday, according to a Reuters report.

The Associated Press also reported the U.S. Homeland Security Department officials are monitoring the attacks in Paris said there is no known, credible threat against the United States at this time.

3 suspects killed-100 in hall killed it is said.

Someone said they were known to police.Or security forces.

Only saying what someone said.I suppose they check quickly on terrorists and raid houses as quickly as possible.

Wel if so many questions will be asked.To early to say much.

Enough for myself tonight.It is everywhere on the news.A terrible evening in Paris.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed a dreadful day for those involved, it has not been reported yet and probably way off the mark, but we know these murderers like to time attacks to significant dates and it is Friday the 13th.

I just hope they can release the hostages without any more bloodshed.

Unfortunately, my fear is that more of this type of attack will happen across Europe in the months to come. There were reports that ISIS and other terrorist groups were using the migrant crisis to spread their area of operation, linking up with sleeper cells already living in Europe.

Cameron and other EU leaders will have to implement better security at borders, plus look at Police/Security Service resources to ensure they are working at an increased alert level. Also Army units will have to be on call, ready to react to any requests for help.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Unfortunately, my fear is that more of this type of attack will happen across Europe in the months to come. There were reports that ISIS and other terrorist groups were using the migrant crisis to spread their area of operation, linking up with sleeper cells already living in Europe.

Cameron and other EU leaders will have to implement better security at borders, plus look at Police/Security Service resources to ensure they are working at an increased alert level. Also Army units will have to be on call, ready to react to any requests for help.

It will certainly put the cat among the pigeons if it is proved that some of these came over with the immigrants !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Were the attackers French citizens? If so, how they were radicalised, armed and organised - was it in France, in Syria, and by whom? Why weren't they detected? Is France, after two major attacks this year, uniquely vulnerable or does the carnage in Paris mean all of Europe faces new threats to our public places and events? And if a Syrian link is proven, will France recoil from that conflict or will it redouble its commitment to the fight against radical groups there?

Will we put a stop on all immigration now ?

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

LIVE: FRANCE DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY AFTER NIGHT OF TERROR IN PARIS

At least 120 people people have been killed in the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II.

The worst carnage was at a concert hall hosting a US rock band, where scores of people were held hostage and attackers ended the standoff by detonating explosive belts.

Clearly now surely a coordinated well planned out attack.

There must be many more involved in this atrocity against the young and everyone on a busy Friday night.

Keep coming back myself to a area not far away from this area where many sympathisers are believed to live.

Everyone i suppose draws their own conclusions and has their own views at this moment in time.

Not far from the Charlie Hebdo attack last year.

No place in major areas in Europe can be classed as safe,what do you think.

Only takes one lunatic,never mind 8 or nine to create fear as Christmas approaches and cities become busier.

And there must be many who would like to terrorise us.And are here.

Chattering and planning and hating us so much.

Will there be revenge attacks as things become clear.Many more innocents fearing this i feel.

It has to be asked.

The attackers hide in the shadows it is the innocent who suffer the most.

And businesses may suffer as Christmas approaches.

I would be concerned now everytime my youngsters go out to crowded places at night.

In Birmingham,London,Manchester.

And anywhere thousands are gathered.

Football matches,anywhere really.

The suspects so far include ISIS and al Qaeda. Security experts are saying that the coordinated attacks show a level of sophistication not seen since the 2008 attacks in Mumbai, India. During that horrific day, 166 people died in multiple sites.

Social media plays key role in Paris attacks reaction

Alyssa Zeisler in New York

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/13b66b4a-8a87-11e5-90de-f44762bf9896.html#axzz3rSpbnr9R

A comment from a muslim.

I am a Muslim and

I strongly condemn

all forms of

violence anywhere

in the world. Stop

violence. Islam

means peace.

Link

LIVELAST UPDATE: 08:29

http://www.thejournal.ie/france-latest-saturday-2444593-Nov2015/?utm_

I will leave it there for now.I have read your posts,above and below.Well thought out and clear.

Many millions of people are concerned and feeling as one for the people of Paris this morning.

I'm quite sure that it has very little to do with immigration. It is far more likely connected to the problem of a large disaffected Muslim population in France who are generally disliked and poorly treated by the French citizenry, and the French police, and whose unemployment rate amongst 16-24 is probably about 50% - although no one knows for sure because in France it is illegal to compile statistics based upon ethnicity.. There is a huge problem with many of these people becoming disconnected from French society - and with good cause - and then becoming susceptible to radicalisation. As with some UK Muslims, hundreds and maybe more of them have gone to fight in the Middle East and no doubt many of them have come back with agendas to fulfill.

I would expect that most immigrants don't want trouble. They only want some peace and a chance to work.

The attackers last night were well-armed, apparently well-trained, spoke excellent and colloquial French - they had none of the hallmarks of immigrants.

The danger now is that the mainstream French population - which is already one of the most racist populations in Western Europe - will continue its Muslim backlash and cause further disconnection and radicalisation of the Muslim community.

Frankly, I think that now is the time to express great sympathy for immigrants and to take particular care not to blame Muslims generally. Now is the time to show solidarity with Muslim people whenever possible. To fail to do so will simply accelerate any process of societal breakdown - and that plays directly into the hands of ISIS and radical Islam.

This is not to say that this is uniquely a French problem - but I think that France is a particularly likely target.

I'm sure that it will happen again in France and elsewhere in Europe - including UK.

A very admirable and well thought out post.

What say all you 'we have a right to privacy' people when a lot of this could have been seen in advance if the security services are given the chance to do the job they are paid for.

Italy has just shown what surveillance can achieve with the arrests of people across Europe.

I Echo Bankfodder

These attacks are designed to encourage increased backlash against Muslims, fueling the propaganda ISIS and its ilk spread.

France has some of the toughest laws that impact on Muslims and take a heavier role in fighting ISIS, it is no coincidence that they are being targeted more (Or having more successful terrorist attacks against them) Remember, France has Banned the burka in public areas.

The answer to ISIS is a complex one and not one we have the answer for. We do not know what works but we do know what doesn't. Will boots on the ground make a difference? Will further bombing them make a difference? I am not so sure. ISIS is just the physical manifestation of a set of ideals (That are abhorrent and unacceptable), which means, like Al quida, means you cannot just target and destroy them.

My thoughts go out to those effected, and also those who are probably re living 7/7 in London right now

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

.Paris attacks: Francois Hollande blames 'Isis barbarians' for shootings and bombings that killed at least 120 people - live updates

Isis have now officially claimed responsibility for the Paris attacks in a statement in Arabic and French.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-attacks-latest-isis-claims-responsibility-for-suicide-bombings-shootings-after-france-declares-a6734381.html

Francois Hollande says Isis was responsible for attacks

The group claimed responsibility for shootings and bombings

Disneyland Paris has closed and sports fixtures cancelled

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-grief-sports-fixtures-cancelled-and-disneyland-paris-closed-following-terrorist-attacks-a6734386.html

More than 120 feared dead after gun and bomb attacks

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-attacks-more-than-120-feared-dead-after-shootings-and-explosions-stun-france-a6734341.html

France declares state of emergency and shuts borders

Footage captures moment explosions hit State de France

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/soccer-match-turns-to-chaos-as-gunshots-rock-stade-de-france-a6734271.html

Fans sang national anthem as they were evacuated

Is this a dramatic change in tactics by Isis?

Gatwick Airport North Terminal evacuated 'for protection of the public' after suspicious item found

Witness reports that a man had been arrested by armed police have not been confirmed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gatwick-airport-north-terminal-evacuated-for-protection-of-the-public-a6734426.html

I am remembering when young and alone being evacuated from a railway station during a bomb scare. in Manchester.During the IRA visitations.

Walking out by Victorian huge walls.Surrounded and wondering what if?

Also going to a store on a Sunday, that said we are closed today as we had a visit from the IRA yesterday.And they had left smouldering devices on timers to set fire.During the night.

Just relating to the fear and feelings some will be having and are perhaps alone in Paris today.

There maybe many more scares this weekend.

I have read SabreSheeps Post below and must say these posts that are coming in are very well said and thought about.

The fire will consume us all,or the fear will keep us all in.

If this continues.

Statement part reads.

It said "eight brothers wearing explosive belts and carrying assault rifles" conducted a "blessed attack on... Crusader France."

The statement, published in both Arabic and French, threatened further attacks against France "as long as it continues its Crusader campaign."

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/544358/news/world/islamic-state-group-claims-paris-attacks#sthash.6mQ7g1Ik.dpuf

What world leaders are saying about Paris attacks

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/544352/news/world/what-world-leaders-are-saying-about-paris-attacks

French President Francois Hollande said on Saturday (November 14) the attacks in Paris that killed 127 people were

''an act of war'' organised from abroad by Islamic State with internal help.

"Faced with war, the country has to take appropriate steps," he said, without saying what that meant.

I wonder what that means,i am getting a few thoughts are you.

Hollande said he would address parliament on Monday (November 16) in an extraordinary meeting and the country would observe three days of official mourning for the victims of Friday's attacks.

Paris Attacks: Refugees Blamed For Terrorist Acts, One Person Nails The Response-With Video.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/14/paris-attacks-refugees_n_8562972.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=The+Interesting+News+Network

From a 19 year old Brit.Last night.

To people blaming refugees for attacks in Paris tonight. Do you not realise these are the people the refugees are trying to run away from..?

The Queen - "Prince Philip and I have been deeply shocked and saddened by the terrible loss of life in Paris"

Latest i can find.

http://www.politico.eu/article/paris-shootings-live-blog/

The Latest: Police say 1 suicide bomber had Syrian passport http://goo.gl/fb/AeZxE1

Isis vs Isil vs Islamic State: What do they mean – and why does it matter?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-vs-isil-vs-islamic-state-what-is-in-a-name-9731894.html

Arrest in Germany, 3 passports, 2 Syrian and 1 French, found on gunmen bodies. Paris latest

http://bit.ly/1OJvCFI

A witness, known only as Louis, told French media how the attackers opened fire while shouting "Allah Akbar".

"We heard so many gunshots and the terrorists were very calm, very determined and they reloaded three or four times."

Foreign Office issues advice for people worried about relatives:

The Foreign Office says people with concerns about British friends or relatives in Paris can call the main switchboard number 0044 207 008 1500 for help.

I wouldnt say a change in tactics at all.

It is the hallmarks of organisation used by Al-Quieda, and organisation which all it has done is shed some of its more radical elements and relaunched under the ISIS brand. Its the same ideology. Its the same Fire

You can only put out some fires by removing the oxygen of which it depends. To do that you need to undermine the beliefs that sustain it. But every attack is designed to increase resentment, increase retaliation, in order to increase the oxygen (Support and increased radiclisation) from which it depends.

Unless a new approach can be found, this fire will consume us all

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

It will certainly put the cat among the pigeons if it is proved that some of these came over with the immigrants !

It is reported that one of the terrorists had a Syrian passport and had come through Greece a month ago.

Most of the migrants are just trying to find a safer better life in Europe and mean no harm at all to anyone. Unfortunately, mainland Europe with its open borders has not been able to track people and it is quite possible that some of ISIS and other groups have made their way to join others already based in Europe.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I think the most accurate way to look at the issue, immigration-wise, is to note that the refugees are running away from people like yesterday's attackers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I have a friend in Paris, who lives literally 20 metres away from one of the sites of yesterdays... "attack"...

She almost got caught up in this... Its scary...

Plus add in that about Gatwick today!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3318312/Gatwick-North-Terminal-evacuated-armed-police-arrest-man-grenade-bag.html

Edited by citizenB
Link added to post

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Paris attacks: Is it safe to travel to Paris?

Following a series of coordinated terror attacks across Paris, Nick Trend offers advice to those due to travel to the city

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travel-advice/11995550/Paris-attacks-Is-it-safe-to-travel-to-Paris.html

Foreign travel advice

France

Summary

Still current at: 15 November 2015

Updated: 14 November 2015

Latest update - Summary: National state of emergency and a three-day period of mourning have been declared

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france

All countries are offering advice for people traveling to France.

Nick Alexander 'Died A Hero' In Paris Attacks

Friends, band members and relatives pay tribute to the British merchandise manager who loved rock 'n' roll.

http://news.sky.com/story/1587749/nick-alexander-died-a-hero-in-paris-attacks

France midfielder Lassana Diarra says his cousin was killed in the Paris Attacks http://bbc.in/20TE9d5

The French Football Federation (FFF) said Tuesday's international friendly against England at Wembley would go ahead following three days of national mourning.

Suspected accomplices arrested in France terror massacre – reports

https://www.rt.com/news/322090-france-terror-suspects-detained/

This is the face of one of the Paris Attacks killers http://dailym.ai/1MffAzD

At this time is it so that many families are still looking for loved ones.

Paris attacks: Who were the victims?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34821813?ocid

I think the most accurate way to look at the issue, immigration-wise, is to note that the refugees are running away from people like yesterday's attackers.

I understand this, however, what are their intentions now if the carnage is either coming with them or going to increase in the countries to which they have fled ?

BCOBS

I understand this, however, what are their intentions now if the carnage is either coming with them or going to increase in the countries to which they have fled ?

Exactly, they have fled to live somewhere more secure and they now find some of the terrorists they were running from, have made the same journey.

There were reports months ago, that terrorist groups were behind some of the mass migration of people, encouraging and organising the boat journeys across the Med. I expect Cameron may have been aware of such intelligence reports in not taking refugees already in Europe and instead taking them from the camps in Jordan and Lebanon.

I expect Cameron may have been aware of such intelligence reports in not taking refugees already in Europe and instead taking them from the camps in Jordan and Lebanon.

The ones in the camps that Cameron is taking are the only genuine refugees, all the other are economic migrants. Every single one that passes out of the first country they came to instead of either claiming asylum or requesting refugee status is an economic migrant taking advantage of the situation and is not a refugee.

The ones in the camps that Cameron is taking are the only genuine refugees, all the other are economic migrants. Every single one that passes out of the first country they came to instead of either claiming asylum or requesting refugee status is an economic migrant taking advantage of the situation and is not a refugee.

I believe that is correct in terms of international law i.e they have to claim refugee status in first safe country. If they travel beyond that and even destroy identity documents, then they can be treated as economic migrants.

Well to be fair, awful as the attacks in Paris (and previous attacks in the US, Spain, Indonesia and London) were, western nations are still pretty peaceful and safe compared to Syria. I mean, I'm no fan of David Cameron but I'm not worried that he's going to drop chemical weapons on my home. And yeah, there's the odd crowd of wee nyaffs at the Linlithgow Vennel when I go to buy my fish and chips, but I don't think they're planning to blow me up or attempt to force me into terrorist activities.

If Europe, as seems likely, closes its borders or otherwise restricts migration, what we will be doing is leaving a whole load of people in the clutches of violent lunatics with little hope of escape. I find it hard to see how this will solve the problem.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Manhunt Underway as Paris Investigation Widens-Many links and articles,videos.

PARIS — The investigation into the Paris terrorist attacks unfurled across Europe on Sunday as French authorities sought a suspected eighth assailant who might have fled after taking part in the three-hour assault on Friday night that killed at least 129 people.

Reports from Serbia on Sunday said the authorities there had identified the holder of a Syrian passport found near one of the attackers in Paris. Responding to requests from French officials, Greece and Serbia confirmed that the holder of the passport had passed through their countries last month along with tens of thousands of migrants.

It was not clear, however, if the passport was authentic; there is an active black market for forged Syrian passports.

A French official who was briefed on the investigation but was not authorized to speak publicly said the authorities were looking for someone from the Paris region who might have participated in the attacks. The authorities had initially said there were eight attackers, but on Saturday night said that only seven attackers had died — six by blowing themselves up and one in a shootout with the police.

New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/16/world/europe/paris-terror-attack.html?partner=IFTTT&_r=0

White House: 'We absolutely agree' Paris Attacks were an act of war. http://abcn.ws/1X0lnfg

Paris attacks: Police seek 'dangerous' Salah Abdeslam

Police have issued a photograph of a French national wanted in connection with Friday's deadly attacks in Paris that left 129 people dead.

The man, named as Salah Abdeslam, 26, is described as dangerous.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34826117

Late on Sunday, French aircraft struck the IS stronghold of Raqqa in Syria, hitting four targets, France's defence ministry said.

Live updates

What we know

Ten fighter jets operating out of French bases in Jordan and the UAE dropped dropped 20 guided bombs on a command centre, recruitment centre for jihadists, a munitions depot and a training camp for fighters, the ministry said.

France attacks ISIS: Jets pound jihadi sites in Raqqa, Syria in response to Paris attacks.

Power cuts-Tweets saying fighter jets 30 strikes eastern area are-training site-command centre-capital and stronghold of ISIS.

France is clearly going to war.With ISIS wherever they are.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/mitt-romney--obama-must-wage-war-on-isis-567312963865

Suspect above was arrested a few hours after the attack but released.Not confirmed though.One of 3 brothers.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc-news/watch/french-jets-drop-bombs-in-raqqa--syria-567311427589

http://pix11.com/2015/11/15/france-announces-raqqa-airstrikes-on-isis/

Screaming, running crowds at Paris plaza-Moments ago.

MSNBC's Richard Lui reports on an apparent false alarm in Paris that started a panic at a plaza.

Everybody on edge,nerves shot.

http://www.msnbc.com/weekends-with-alex-witt/watch/screaming--running-crowds-at-paris-plaza-567259715604

Tweets saying through the mists of war saying Raqqa was pounded eastern area earlier tonight.

The capital of ISIS has it seems been hit hard tonight.By French jets.

In coordination with the USA.

The targets as you listen to things were smashed to pieces.

France has struck back tonight.

The news channels continual non stop coverage of this just repeating the same thing over and over again is starting to get boring. There are other things happening in this country and the world but you wouldn't think so.

The news channels continual non stop coverage of this just repeating the same thing over and over again is starting to get boring. There are other things happening in this country and the world but you wouldn't think so.

That is what they do all the time. Must be very difficult to run 24 hour news, without keep repeating.

I find CNN a better channel during major news events.