Mercers Debt Collection

Donel261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If anyone is getting calls from 08701242495 then it is Mercers Debt Collection Agency working on behalf of Barclaycard.

I would ignore the calls if I were you, it an automated dial up and my mother receives up to 30 calls a day from them, we are beyond angry now, we just cancel the call, or if we are in the mood have some fun with them, they don't want to waste time messing around with you if you wont put the person they want on so they must have some hefty targets to hit. poor things!!

I have sent off the relevant letters asking them to stop and they have ignored, so no point speaking to them. Mind you, if you ignore them they may sell on the debt to Cabot, they are even worse!! :|

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few ways around

1. caller reject available from bt/telewest you can stop upto 10 numbers from phoning you. costs approx £2.00 per month.

2. annonymous call reject available from bt/telewest. £2.00 per month stops people who have witheld their numbers from getting through. they recieve a recorded message.

put one of these services on and they will really p off these sorts of people. mercers are incidently barclays bank themselves.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Guest The Terminator
I have just read somewhere that Mercers are registered as non-trading at Companies House... worth checking out seeing as they are trying to get money out of you. Receiving payments = trading. :)

They are non-trading and dormant.

My mum had a phone call from Mercers at the weekend regarding her overdue barclay card payments.

They told her if she didn't make a payment there and then the debt collectors would be round to her house and / or place of work.

Needless to say this put the frightners on her and she paid an amount she could not afford.

I want to write a letter for her to send about threatening phone calls as i'm sure they are not allowed to do this.

Anyone know of a good place to start?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

My mum had a phone call from Mercers at the weekend regarding her overdue barclay card payments.

They told her if she didn't make a payment there and then the debt collectors would be round to her house and / or place of work.

Needless to say this put the frightners on her and she paid an amount she could not afford.

I want to write a letter for her to send about threatening phone calls as i'm sure they are not allowed to do this.

Anyone know of a good place to start?

There is a letter in Bank Templates - Harrassment by Telephone... scroll down and you will find it. There is also a bit you can add to it re. harrassment by doorstep visits......

Please note that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Please therefore take note that, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless.

Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

:)

great stuff, thanks Priorityone.

also added a bit about OFFCOM & OFT.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

have just read somewhere that Mercers are registered as non-trading at Companies House... worth checking out seeing as they are trying to get money out of you. Receiving payments = trading. :-)

If this is true, could you say you will only pay Barclaycard as they are no longer trading?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

• 2 weeks later...

I too have received numerous phone calls from Mercer's. I wrote a letter of complaint to the company and also to Barclaycard. Mercer's denied ever receiving the letter, but admitted receiving my Income and Expenditure form, ( which by the way was with the letter of complaint)

Barclaycard wrote back to me and said that i couldn't call it Harassment, even though the man i spoke to from Mercer's was very absusive, and kept ringing a few times in concession. I'm afraid i did use a choice word in the end, especially after quoting to him the harassment act.

I now dont answer their calls, and just continue to pay them every month.

All i can say is dont let them get to you, the worse that can happen if for you to receive a CCJ, but at least that way the Judge can see that you have been trying to pay, and hopefully will stop the interest and charges.

OK, So here's MY problem with Mercer's.

for the past couple of weeks, they've been phoning my house, and asking for my ex-wife. She's NEVER lived at this address, and NEVER will! I don't know how they got MY number, as it's never been connected to her in any way, and it's ex-directory.:mad:

So, the other day I replied to one of the messages they left, and told their operator the situation. She was full of apologies, and said she'd remove my number from 'the system'. I gave her the Ex's current address and phone number at the same time.

LATER THAT DAY..... they rang for her again! Somewhat annoyed, I went through the whole story a second time. Again I was promised it would be sorted.:mad: :mad:

Guess who rang at 8.15 this morning....?:-x :-x :-x

So the question is, how can I make sure they've got the right data, and can I find out where they got my number from? The first girl I spoke to seemed to imply that it had come from the ex herself... NAUGHTY!

I need to send something in writing to Mercers, but what action can I take against them? Someone's not complying with the Data Protection Act, but will they tell me where the number came from?

Any advice appreciated.

D.

Hi unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a solution where Mercer's are concerned. I have wrote to the company asking them to stop phoning me, just to correspond in writting. I have wrote to Barclaycard who passed my debt over to Mercer's, and have made a formal complaint in writting.

Mercer's are still phoning, Barclaycard doesn't accept what Mercer's are doing is harassment, even though i have had abuse off one gentleman, and even phoning me twice within a matter of minutes.

While i accept that i owe the debt, and are paying Mercer's every month, the only solution i have found is not to answer the phone at all now.

Dont know if anyone else can think of a solution.

Guest The Terminator

It may be worth pointing out to Barclayshark that they are also responsible for the conduct of the DCA their using and that you will report both of them to the OFT and trading standards

Hi thanks for your reply. I have already pointed out to Barclaycard and Mercer's that they will face criminal proceedings under' Section 2 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997', and also threatened them with the OFT. But the two letters i have had back from Barclaycard point out that Mercer's are within their rights to keep phoning me, even though i know they are not, especially as i have asked them not to phone verbally, and in writting.

Mercer's have denied ever receiving my letter of complaint, but admitted receiving my 'Income and Expenditure Form', which by the way was with the letter of complaint.

So what proof do i need to report Mercer's to the OFT?

I keep getting these phone calls, have read your replies and it seems these are from Barclaycard?? I havent got a Barclaycard and no one in my family has, any idea on what sort of call this could be please?

I rang them back once and it said something like 'G Money and personal Finance' who I dont know either, it wouldnt let me talk to anyone it was a recorded message requesting that I reply to one of their letters?????????

which I havent had either?????

Everybody should get caller display on their phones, then bar withheld numbers. Its bound to pee these people off bigstle especially their autdiallers. We could then set up a thread listing ex directory numbers that the parasites use when we dont accept withheld calls. ITS YOUR PHONE YOU CAN DECIDE WHO TO ANSWER AND WHO NOT TO ANSWER Why should we have to put up with some jumped up bully-boy from a call centre. It also pees them off when you lift the phone and dont speak to them (And it costs them money).

If they are asking you to respond to a letter then they are chasing you for some debt. Ignore them, and get a copy of your credit reports from Experian and Equifax (£2 each) you can order online and they will post them out to you DONT buy the expensive versions advertised on the website... anyway, when you get them see what debts you have listedand it will give you an idea as to what they want....

Experian WiseConsumer

https://www.econsumer.equifax.co.uk/consumer/uk/gb_consumerletter.ehtml

Everybody should get caller display on their phones, then bar withheld numbers. Its bound to pee these people off bigstle especially their autdiallers. We could then set up a thread listing ex directory numbers that the parasites use when we dont accept withheld calls. ITS YOUR PHONE YOU CAN DECIDE WHO TO ANSWER AND WHO NOT TO ANSWER Why should we have to put up with some jumped up bully-boy from a call centre. It also pees them off when you lift the phone and dont speak to them (And it costs them money).

One thing I like doing is answering the phone, they ask for who they want, I say yes, Ill get her/him, then throwing the phone on the sofa/in front of speakers etc whilst playing a rather loud classical track or similar/enjoying the rest of the film/programme I am watching.

Found out the people (G Money & trinity personal finance 08701242495) who were ringing me werent on behalf of barclays but for time retail finance about a very small charge that I had left on the account not realising before I ceased the direct debit. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoke to companies house and explained to them about Mercers etc... They checked and said that they have filed accounts in the past but have now ceased trading and if you have any info then email it to them and they will investigate it.

link on Dormant Companies.

About Us - Guidance

Reading through this looks a bit complicated .....Anyone see if Ba***card is using this as some sort of Loophole!!

Other info:

They changed their name --Previous Names:

Date of changePrevious Name10/07/1991

BARSHELFCO (NO.49) LIMITED ----- To: MERCERS

Looking into Barclays one of their subisidiaries is

BARSHELFCO (NO.61) LIMITED and if you do a search for Barshelfco Barclays name always comes up.

Just spoke to companies house and explained to them about Mercers etc... They checked and said that they have filed accounts in the past but have now ceased trading and if you have any info then email it to them and they will investigate it.

link on Dormant Companies.

About Us - Guidance

Reading through this looks a bit complicated .....Anyone see if Ba***card is using this as some sort of Loophole!!

Other info:

They changed their name --Previous Names:

Date of changePrevious Name10/07/1991

BARSHELFCO (NO.49) LIMITED ----- To: MERCERS

Looking into Barclays one of their subisidiaries is

BARSHELFCO (NO.61) LIMITED and if you do a search for Barshelfco Barclays name always comes up.

we did some searching generally on barshelfco

-------------------------------

Approved Lending Institutions - Communities and Local Government

Approved Lending Institutions

Section 156 of the Housing Act 1985 enables lenders to secure the first charge on a property ahead of the landlord. Under statute, high street banks or building societies automatically get the first charge. Other organisations must apply to the Secretary of State for Approved Lending Institution status.

List of Approved Lending Institutions

Name given on order under s156

Barshelfco (No.16) Limited

Barshelfco (No.39) Limited

Barshelfco (No.40) Limited

Barshelfco (No.41) Limited

Barshelfco (No.68) Limited

-------------------------------------

barshelf co (no.73) was a joint it venture with xansa in 2002 abou "it"

put barshelfco into google and turn the handle see what happens x

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Also Found this as Proof that Mercers are Barclays!

This exhibit contains a list of subsidiaries of Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank

PLC and their jurisdiction of incorporation. This list is not complete. Any

subsidiaries not included in the list would not, in the aggregate, constitute a

"significant subsidiary" as defined in Rule 1-02(w) of Regulation S-X as of

December 31, 2004

BARCLAYS BANK PLC /ENG/ Annual and Transition Report (foreign private issuer) (20-F) EXHIBIT 8.1

And this is what is found:

Jurisdiction Company

United Kingdom Mercantile Leasing Company (No.132) Limited

United Kingdom Mercantile Leasing Company (No.135) Limited

United Kingdom Mercantile Leasing Company (No.138) Limited

United Kingdom Mercantile Leasing Company (No.141) Limited

United Kingdom Mercantile Leasing Company (No.144) Limited

United Kingdom Mercantile Leasing Company (No.147) Limited

United Kingdom Mercantile Leasing Company (No.150) Limited

United Kingdom Mercantile Leasing Company (No.153) Limited

United Kingdom Mercers Debt Collections Limited

United Kingdom Mervest (Chislehurst) Limited