child tax credit

Helen2264
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My child tax credit has been reduced from £52.61 to £48.53 I am on Income Support under ill health at the moment I just wondered if anyone else has had their child tax credit reduced I thought the reductions would only be for people who are working and are receiving £40k or more. Also this week my child tax credit was not paid and when I try to ring the main HM Customs 0845 code number I just keep getting cut off after I was given so many options I tried for two days and then managed to received another number 01355 code and got through straight away to a real person without the machine options how very strange when I told the lady my CTC has been stopped she told me they sent me a letter on the 12th of August telling me they have stopped my CTC I told her I have never received that letter she then just casually reinstate my CTC credit without any hassle I am very confused indeed especially with the main HM Customs 0845 number which one just cannot get through another lady have tried for 2 weeks with the 0845 and has not got through she is now sending a complaint letter also I thought then perhaps with my son reaching 16 yrs of age thats why my CTC stopped but the young mother next door to me her CTC credit has stopped also her son is only 5 yrs old there is something fishy going on.

On teletext yesterday I read that in Ireland 8 Irish has been sacked because they were tampering with the benefit of the ethic origins reducing their benefits what on earth is going on. Anyway would love to hear if anyone else child tax credit has been reduced.

Hi

I can't offer any useful advice but mine was unusually paid late, usually get it on a Friday and got it on the Monday. Trying to phone them to make sure they haven't changed the date without notifying me but keep getting cut off because their lines are too busy. I have landline number 02890538192 which is the alternative to the 0845 number so it doesn't cost a fortune on the mobile. Would you mind sharing the number you got?

Thanks

I love CAG!

Hi

I can't offer any useful advice but mine was unusually paid late, usually get it on a Friday and got it on the Monday. Trying to phone them to make sure they haven't changed the date without notifying me but keep getting cut off because their lines are too busy. I have landline number 02890538192 which is the alternative to the 0845 number so it doesn't cost a fortune on the mobile. Would you mind sharing the number you got?

Thanks

the number I got through straight is 01355 359007 try ringing first thing in the morning if you can like 9.00am because even with this number some people has a long wait for the phone to be answered. i rang at 9.00 on the dot and got through without any hassle.

hope this helps