• Tweets

• These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
    • I would say You should accept it - I HIGHLY doubt you will  be able to claim for letters at trial ans they’re offering you that, which is higher monetary value than interest.   Also they raise a good point, getting interest at anything above 4% is lucky these days, yes judges give it, but rarily above 4%   Also you might find depending on the judge  you don’t get some costs if you take it all the way over £7.40 when court woukdnt award letters costs and thus meaning their award would be less than evris offer which was made    Up to you though but the wait will be 3-4mo for a trial date at least
    • Hi Folks, Been 162 days! Just by way of update. Today I received a text from Opos Ltd so no doubt Capquest are renting the debt out to anybody who fancies a nibble. Safe to say I will not be responding.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Problems With Nationwide

tanglewood
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any Advise please. My son started claiming from Nationwide via a Bank Complaints Co. We sent off the £10 but the company did nothing. We wrote again the standard 1st letter on 14 th March and added on that they had already had the cheque and all the cheque details. (The cheque has been cashed by them)

40 days and nothing.

A total of 3 hours on the phone being put through to every department who say they know nothing and then to an answerphone.

One lady said they had not received the 14th March letter but I handed it in at the branch so I know they had it.

What is best to do now??? I have given them till this evening to ring but don't expect they will.

They are threatening my son with court action over the overdraft which is almost all charges. Keep getting letters from KPR debt recovery. When you ring them they say to ring Nationwide. Nationwide say they have never heard of them??

PLease help before I tear my hair out.:mad:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell them you will report them immediatly to the information commissioner and the Financial ombudsman if they continue to withhold the statements.

The cheque i am assuming has been cashed by the nationwide?

Could try calling this number...

Data Protection Team,

Nationwide Building Society

Kings Park road,

Moulton Park

Northampton NN3 6NW

Tel 01604 855060

Fax 01604 854933

Yes the cheque was cashed on 26th January and my bank is forwarding a copy of it to me today. I have the template for the IC but is there another template for the financial ombudsman?

We told them yesterday on the phone that if we did not receive a call today then we would take it further. I have prepared a letter drafting out the above to send to Nationwide recorded delivery tomorrow and will put a copy of that to the IC.

Do I send the later to the Swindon address??

Thats where i've been sending all mine, however you could perhaps use the northampton address and adress it to the data protection team.

Susan Taylor

Data protection administrator

Data Protection Team

Kings Park Road

Moulton Park

Northampton

NN3 6NW

Tell them you will report them immediatly to the information commissioner and the Financial ombudsman if they continue to withhold the statements.

The cheque i am assuming has been cashed by the nationwide?

Could try calling this number...

Data Protection Team,

Kings Park road,

Moulton Park

Northampton NN3 6NW

Tel 01604 855060

Fax 01604 854933

Thank you so much for your help. This is one phone number we haven't tried. Shall get my son to ring it later and let you know how we get on.

Thank you so much for your help. This is one phone number we haven't tried. Shall get my son to ring it later and let you know how we get on.

TRied the number you kindly passed on but it is an answerphone. Despite leaving 15 messages no one has got back to us. On Tuesday I sent a letter to the data Protection at the Northampton address saying they have breached his rights under DPA etc and included a copy of the cashed cheque which they say they have not received!! On the back of the cheque it clearly shows my son's name and his account number!!! I have an appointment with my branch manager tomorrow to try and stir things up. I sent the letter recorded delivery and gave them 7 days to send the statements.

Quesrion...What do I do when the 7 days are up???

Hi,

See my post on this thread and follow the links:

Help

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Thanks for that Kelly

Just an update...

I have been to see the manageress of my local branch and she says that there is a NO Trace on my sons account which means that that is probably why no statements have been sent. However I can argue that ordinary statements were being sent up to March this year. Anyway I have a new appointment with her on Tuesday with a letter from my son giving my full authority etc and asking for the No Trace to be taken off. She said it has probably gone on if as sometimes happens a postman delivers a letter to the wrong address and it gets sent back. I do not know if this is an excuse but hopefully I shall get the statements on Tuesday and be able to see where we are.

The fight goes on............

Also she said she knew how we felt as she had spent over an hour trying to get someone to take responsibilty for this and had not got anywhere....what hope have we. The area manager was there at the branch also and she says this has now gone down as an official complaint. Seem threatening to close mine and my husbands accounts had some effect!!!

It looks like your making waves. Well done! You'll get there..... eventually.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Have finally got the statements!!!! From the branch. They said they had sent the statements originally to the company that my son started using in the first place, who were useless. I emailed the company and they denied having them although I have proof they signed for them. Then Nationwide said they had sent more statements out around the 10th April but I have never received them!! Still at last I have them although they will only cover my son's overdraft and leave him £200 still to pay but at least he will be debt free. Trouble is they have passed the overdraft debt to a debt collection agency so I now await their threatening letters!!

Thank you to all who have helped so far. Will update IF we ever get the money back.

Thank you to all who have helped so far. Will update IF we ever get the money back.

You will, if you are willing to fight for it.

All the best with your claim.

Ireatianu:)

any comment made is just my humble opinion....and what do i know:?: :)

• 3 weeks later...

Have finally sorted out the statements and done the spreadsheet with the prelim letter and have taken it to the very helpfull Manageress of the local branch who has checked it for me and sent it off. At last I also have a contact department for further queries. So now i wait the 14 days. She says they won;t get it till next Wed due to the Bank Holiday. I don;t expect it to be settled then but at last feel the hardest part is over. ie the 4 month fight for the statements. Claiming back over £1200.

Hello tanglewood!

???...U are asking a Nationwide Branch Manager to help U with your Spreadsheet/Preliminary Letter/Claim???...pmsl...:rolleyes::lol:

Did U NOT see the "Whistleblower" T.V. programme recently???

U 'trust' the Nationwide...even though both U and they KNOW that they have acted unlawfully with the debits from your Son's Flexaccount???

U 'trust' the Nationwide...even though they gave U the runaround, for 4 months, over a simple S.A.R. with which they had a Statutory 40 days to comply with???

U 'trust' the Nationwide...even though THEY have passed your Son's Flexaccount over to a DCA, to recover a debt which primarily consists of unlawful Penalty Charges and their associated Interest Charges and will seek to have a DEFAULT NOTICE placed on your Son's Credit File???

U 'trust' the Nationwide...even though, no doubt, the Branch Manager will advise U, if at all, just to Claim s69 Statutory Interest @ 8%p.a. (...which is calculated as Simple Interest...btw!) when U have to File your Claim at Court. In the meantime, the Nationwide will have been debiting your Son at the Daily Compounded Unauthorised O/D Interest Rate of 24.9%AER.

Try using the following very user-friendly spreadsheet (...v1.9 courtesy of Mindzai) and having 'trust' in yourself!...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html

MILKTRAYMAN

Wow since when did I deserve that tirade??

At no time have I said that I trusted the Nationwide!!

The lady in question is the one who has had all charges stopped on my son's overdrawn account and stopped it going to the DCA.

She is the one who got the statements for me within 24 hours.

She is the one who got the area manager down and marked an official complaint from me on the file.

She is the one who helped me get the necessary authorisation to look into my sons account and drafted the letter that he had to sign to allow this as the one I had drawn up was not entirely correct.

No I did not watch the Whistleblower programme.

As far as I am concerned the prelim letter and the spreadsheets have been sent off. I have had confirmation of this.

She has given me no advice whatsoever on how to proceed with this or tried in any way to put me off.

She was the one who told me that when anyone writes a letter re the charges there are different departments that the claims will go to depending on what the writer quotes. ie SAR etc.which is why I was being given the runaround. I actually sat with her as she made the same phone calls that I had done and watched as she was also pushed from pillar to post as I and everyone here has been.

It is out of her hands now.

I do not feel that it is necessary to belittle me on this website.

I am really happy to receive constructive help at any time but not this I am afraid.

...Wow since when did I deserve that tirade??

At no time have I said that I trusted the Nationwide!!

The lady in question is the one who has had all charges stopped on my son's overdrawn account and stopped it going to the DCA.

She is the one who got the statements for me within 24 hours.

She is the one who got the area manager down and marked an official complaint from me on the file.

She is the one who helped me get the necessary authorisation to look into my sons account and drafted the letter that he had to sign to allow this as the one I had drawn up was not entirely correct.

There are quite a few 'helpful' Customer Service Employees out there.

However...

In the main, to keep their jobs, Bank Employees are put under extreme pressure by Senior Managers to tow the Corporate Line.

...And in the Case of Nationwide, that is, to Refund the LEAST amount money, to the LEAST amount of 'Members' at the LAST possible moment.

To achieve this, there is a deliberate attempt to confuse, deter, be economical with the facts etc etc .

Ask yourself this...

If what I have posted is untrue, then why have ALL Nationwide Claimants had to endure the Filing their Claim at Court/Complaining to the FOS Charade before Nationwide have Refunded the Claimant???

...and even then, NOT at the TRUE Contractural Interest Rate that they have debited the Claimants Flexaccount, thus unduly enriching Nationwide by an unlawful process!!!

She has given me no advice whatsoever on how to proceed with this or tried in any way to put me off.
Many Bank Employees are unaware of certain legalities and therefore quote scripted replies.

She was the one who told me that when anyone writes a letter re the charges there are different departments that the claims will go to depending on what the writer quotes. ie S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) etc.which is why I was being given the runaround. I actually sat with her as she made the same phone calls that I had done and watched as she was also pushed from pillar to post as I and everyone here has been.
The general advice is to conduct your Claim via written correspondance only.

Previous posters had advised U to to use the Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance Template Letter.

U chose to ignore that sound advice and pursue matters via your own methods.

The advice given to U, was to empower U and for U to retain the initiative in your dealings with Nationwide.

By NOT following the general advice, U allowed yourself to get sucked into a protracted and, no doubt, confusing and upsetting unnecessary extra few months for yourself.

It is out of her hands now.

I do not feel that it is necessary to belittle me on this website.

Based on what information U had previously posted, I do NOT feel that I had 'belittled' U in my last post.

What I posted was rhetorically directed in any case.

It is an example of what can happen, if U step off the well trodden SUCCESSFUL path.

I am really happy to receive constructive help at any time but not this I am afraid.
???...Your Son originally, was willing to pay money to a Third Party to conduct his Claim on his behalf.

Obviously, for whatever reason, that DIDN'T work out for him, so he asked his Mummy to do it for him instead.

U have previously been given sound FREE 'constructive help'.

U still chose to do things your own way.

When U dug yourself deep into a hole of your own making, why get upset and take things personal when it is pointed out to U???

Would U have preferred a 'Blue Peter Badge', for your Son, instead???...:-D

CHILL!...and progress your Son's Claim with a little more conviction!...:cool:

Just a quick note re the fact that my son used one of these companies that promise to get your money. This company took my cheque for £10 and sent it off. They then contacted us and said NW had not received it and asked for another £10. I got suspicious and rang my bank. NW HAD cashed the cheque and they sent me a copy. On speaking to this lady at NW she produced a copy of proof that the statements HAD been delivered to this bank company and they HAD in fact signed for it!! When I emailed them and asked for them they still maintained that they had not received them!!

So who do we trust??

I have sent the letters demanding payment with the spreadsheets to NW.

If I do not (and judging by what people write..I won't at this stage) get the refund, I will send the LBA and then court papers as advised.

I understand what you are saying but other than going to her and getting the statements manually last week there was nothing else I could do.

Hours and hours of phone calls and letters did nothing.

Basically all she has done is printed the statements for me. Which is all I wanted at this first stage!!!

Job done. 14 days to wait for the Get Lost reply and then the LBA.

Thanks Tanglewood

Please keep it nice and friendly folks. Whenever you feel like shouting think about fluffy bunnies or something. :) This is a good thread and I would hate to have to spoil it by moderating posts...:(

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

I have just received a reply from Nationwide basically telling me to get lost that no monies will be refunded etc. and quotes the impending decision of OFT in the media re these charges.

So....LBA letter now folks???

Update. Since I received the Get Lost you ain't getting any money out of us letter, they have now passed the debt onto a DCA and they have sent a notice of intended litigation and we have til 15062007 to reply.

I have it in mind to send the letter Account In Dispute to Nationwide and cc it to the DCA whilst also sending the LBA as the timescale for that finishes on Wed. Is this correct???

Any advice gratefully received.

Read #2 of the following Thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/97247-carpworld-nationwide.html

There is nothing to say that U have GOT to send your LBA off, bang on the 14 days!

Also read what has recently happened to mars32...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/84925-mars32-nationwide-3.html

Thanks for that I have read the links you recommended. Basically my son is happy for the refund to go off the overdraft and even stated that in a letter to Nationwide. He owes £1443 and the claim is for £1230. He just wants to get straight.

I have typed up an Account in Dispute letter to send to Nationwide with a copy to Moorcroft. Will this hold up the intended litigation from the DCA while I continue to along the LBA lines and court with Nationwide?? They have given my son until 15062007 to pay up or make an offer.

However my son is still out of the country and not even on the voters lists! They are threatening baliffs!!

The 14 days I referred to ends on Wed and it just happened like that with their letters to us.