• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

List of all MP's written & emailed.

ja-de
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It has been suggested that it would be of advantage if everyone added the names of all MP's who they have either written or sent emails to.

Please note all Parliamentary Members

are:

Contacted - Green

Responded - Blue

1. Abbott, Diane MP - Hackney North & Stoke Newington

2. Ainsworth, Rt Hon Bob MP - Coventry North East
  3. Alexander, Rt Hon Douglas MP - Paisley & Renfrewshire South (Part Response)

4. Bailey, Adrian MP - West Bromwich West, West Midlands
  5. Balls, Rt Hon Ed MP - Normanton, West Yorkshire
  6. Barlow, Celia MP - Hove

7. Baron, John MP - Billericay
  8. Battle, Rt Hon John MP - Leeds West
  9. Bayley, Hugh MP - York
  10. Bellingham, Henry MP - North West Norfolk

11. Betts, Clive MP - Sheffield, Attercliffe

12. Blears, Rt Hon Hazel MP - Salford
  13. Borrow, David MP - South Ribble

14. Boswell, Tim MP - Daventry
  15. Brady, Graham MP - Altringham & Sale West

16. Breed, Colin MP - South East Cornwall

17. Brown, Rt Hon Gordon MP - Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath (Prime Minister)
  18. Burgon, Colin MP - Elmet
  19. Cable, Dr Vincent MP - Twickenham

20. Cameron, Rt Hon David MP - Witney (Leader of the opposition)
  21. Campbell, Ronnie MP - Blyth Valley

22. Cawsey, Ian MP - Goole and Surrounding areas
  23. Challon, Colin MP - Morley & Rothwell

24. Chapman, Ben MP - Wirral South
  25. Clarke, Rt Hon Charles MP - Norwich South
  26. Clarke, Rt Hon Tom MP - Coatbridge, Chryston & Bellshill
  27. Corbyn, Jeremy MP - Islington North

28. Cummings, John MP - Easington Co. Durham
  29. Curtis-Thomas, Clare MP - Crosby
  30. Darling, Rt Hon Alistair MP - Edinburgh South West (Chancellor of the Exchequer)
  31. Davis, David MP - Monmouthshire

32. Davis, Quentin MP - Grantham & Stamford
  33. Davis, Rt Hon David MP - Haltemprice & Howden

34. Devine, Jim MP - Livingston
  35. Doran, Frank MP - Aberdeen North
  36. Dowd, Jim MP - Lewisham West
  37. Eagle,Angela MP - Wallasey

38. Evans, Nigel MP - Ribble Valley

39. Featherstone, Lynne MP - Hornsey & Wood Green

40. Flynn, Paul MP - Newport West
  41. Follett, Barbara MP - Stevenage
  42. Foster, Michael MP - Worcester
  43. Francois, Mark MP - Rayleigh

44. Fraser, Christopher MP - South West Norfolk

45. Galloway, George MP - Bethnal Green & Bow

46. Gerrard, Neil MP - Walthamstow

47. Gibb, Nick MP - Littlehampton
  48. Gidley, Sandra MP - Romsey

49. Goldsworthy, Julia MP - Falmouth & Camborne

50. Goodman, Helen MP - County Durham
  51. Green, Damien MP - Ashford, Kent
  52. Greenway, John MP - Rydale
  53. Griffiths, Nigel MP - Edinburgh South

54. Grogan, John MP - Selby
  55. Hague, Rt Hon William MP - Richmond (Yorkshire)

56. Hall, Mike MP - Weaver Vale
  57. Hall, Patrick MP - Bedford

58. Harris, Dr. Evan MP - Oxford West & Abingdon
  59. Harvey, Nick MP - North Devon

60. Hendrick, Mark MP - Preston
  61. Hill, Rt Hon Keith MP - Streatham
  62. Holmes, Paul MP - Chesterfield

63. Hood, Jim MP - Lanark & Hamilton East

64. Hope, Phil MP - Corby
  65. Howarth, Gerald MP - Aldershot (Shadow Defense Secretary)
  66. Howarth, Rt Hon George MP - Knowsley North & Sefton East

67. Humble, Joan MP - Blackpool North
  68. Hutton, Rt Hon John MP - Barrow & Furness

69. Jack, Rt Hon Michael MP - Fylde

70. Johnson, Diana MP - Kingston Upon Hull North
  71. Jones, Helen MP - Warrington North

72. Kawczynski, Daniel MP - Shrewsbury & Atcham
  73. Kelly, Ruth MP - Bolton West
  74. Kennedy, Rt Hon Jane MP - Liverpool Wavertree

75. Kirkbride, Julie MP - Bromsgrove

76. Knight, Rt Hon Greg MP - East Yorkshire

77. Laws, Mr David MP - Yeovil

78. Lazarowicz, Mark MP - Edinburgh North & Leigh
  79. Lloyd, Tony MP - Manchester Central
  80. Loughton, Tim MP - East Worthing & Shoreham

81. MacKay, Rt Hon Andrew MP - `Bracknell

82. MacNeil, Angus MP - Na h-Eile anan an lar
  83. Malik, Shahid MP - Dewsbury

84. Mann, John MP - Bassetlaw
  85. Marsden, Gordon MP - Blackpool South
  86. McCartney,Rt Hon Ian MP - Makerfield
  87. McFall, Rt Hon John MP - West Dunbartonshire

88. Meale, Alan MP - Mansfield
  89. Miliband, Rt Hon Edward MP - Doncaster North

90. Miller, Andrew MP - Ellesmere Port & Neston

91. Mitchell, Austin MP - Great Grimsby

92. Moffatt, Laura MP - Crawley
  93. Moran, Margaret MP - Luton South

94. Morden, Jessica MP - Newport East

95. Morgan, Julie MP - Cardiff North

96. Moss, Malcolm MP - North East Cambridgeshire
  97. Mundell, David MP - Dumfriesshire, Clydesdale & Tweeddale

98. Neill, Bob MP - Bromley & Chiselhurst
  99. Oaten, Mark MP - Winchester

100. Osborne, George MP - Tatton (Shadow Chancellor)
  101. Ottaway, Richard MP - Croydon South
  102. Owen, Albert MP - Ynys Môn

103. Pelling, Andrew MP - Croydon Central
  104. Penrose, John MP - Weston-Super-Mare
  105. Plaskitt, James MP - Warwick & Leamington

106. Prentice, Gordon MP - Pendle
  107. Prescott, Rt Hon John MP - Hull East
  108. Pugh, Dr John MP - Southport

109. Purnell, Rt Hon James MP - Stalybridge & Hyde

110. Robathan, Andrew MP - Blaby in Leicestershire

111. Robertson, Hugh MP - Faversham & Mid Kent
  112. Rogerson, Dan MP - North Cornwall
  113. Rooney, Terry MP - Bradford North
  114. Russell, Christine MP - Chester, City of
  115. Ryan, Joan MP - Enfield
  116. Salmond, Rt Hon Alex MP - Banff & Buchan
  117. Scott, Lee MP - Ilford North
  118. Seabeck, Alison MP - Plymouth, Devon

119. Shaw, Jonathan MP - Chatham and Aylesford
  120. Smith, Angela C. MP - Sheffield, Hillsborough
  121. Smith, Angela E. MP - Basildon & Thurrock

122. Smith, Geraldine MP - Morecambe & Lunesdale

123. Smith, John MP - Vale of Glamorgan

124. Southworth, Helen MP - Warrington South

125. Spink, Dr Bob MP - Castle Point
  126. Stanley, Rt Hon Sir John MP - Tonbridge & Malling
  127. Starkey, Dr Phylis MP - Milton Keynes

128. Straw, Rt Hon Jack MP - Blackburn (Justice Minister)

129. Syms, Robert MP - Poole
  130. Taylor, Dr Richard MP - Wyre Forest

131. Thomas, Gareth MP - Harrow West
  132. Thurso, John MP - Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross

133. Touhig, Rt Hon Don MP - Islwyn, Caerphilly
  134. Twigg, Derek MP - Halton
  135. Tyrie, Andrew MP - Chichester
  136. Ussher, Kitty MP - Burnley

137. Ward, Claire MP - Watford
  138. Wareing, Rt Hon Robert MP - Liverpool, West Derby

139. Wills, Michael MP - North Swindon

140. Wilshire, David MP - Spelthorne, Middlesex
  141. Woolas, Phil MP - Oldham East & Saddleworth
  142. Wright, Anthony MP - Great Yarmouth

Please check here for the Complete list of MP's

Has anyone written to their MP, but haven't yet let us know?

We would be very grateful if you could tell us either here, or if you have received a reply, please let us know here, thank you!

• Haha 3

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It has been decided to use the first post as a diffinitive list of all MP's who have been contacted and their responses. To that end post will be removed and stored here once the information has been moved to the first post. You will recieve a Pm informing you of this.

COMPLAIN TO YOUR MP ABOUT THE UNFAIR AND BIASED WAY THE FSA HAS HANDLED THE THE OFT CASE WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY ESTABLISHED TO SUPPORT CONSUMERS, NOT ISOLATE THEM

Just 5 Easy Steps!

1. Use the template letter here
  2. Copy the text (amend if necessary but it will be fine as is for most people).
  3. click the link to the site shown at the bottom of the letter or click here
  4. Follow the instructions on the site to send to your MP (it will tell you who your MP is if you do not know.
  5. Go here to tell us which MP you've written to.

RESPONSES FROM YOUR MP, PROGRESS REPORTS AND GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE MP CAMPAIGN SHOULD NOT BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD -

PLEASE POST HERE INSTEAD, WHERE THE THREAD WILL BE ALLOWED TO RUN ITS COURSE AND NOT BE CUT DOWN FOR CLARIFICATION

Thank you!

• Haha 1
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

In order to make it easier for you to check who has responded, I am compiling a list that will be continually updated for MP's only.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS POST.

THIS INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT.

If you are going to Email your MP Please be aware that this the Houses of Parliament website will severely restrict the amount of information that can send.

http://www.parliament.uk/alms

you will be restricted to 4000 chars in your message. This includes your full personal details, ie: Name, Full address, Email, Telephone number and Email verification.

When I used this to contact my MP Mrs Joan Humble, Blackpool North. my message was reduced to just over 3000 chars. I was forced to edit (butcher) the template leter from this thread so much that it became a nonsense, I lost the full Human rights section, much of the pre-amble etc. They include spaces, Paragraphs (even double or triple line gaps in address etc.

Therefore please, I cannot stress enough, DO NOT USE THIS LINK. Instead us the link on this thread as there are no restrictions to the length of the text that you send, and therefore you can edit the template letter to suit your own circumstances. I have include the link below to help.

WriteToThem.com - Email or fax your Councillor, MP, MEP, MSP or Welsh, NI, London Assembly Member for free

Finaly do not delay, post today.

Keep up the good work, regards, Stonedecroze

• Haha 2

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Macboy,

I work for an MP and would like to advise that anyone who emails an MP must make sure they include their full address as MP's need to know if the sender of an email is their constituent. As they are not allowed to act for another MP's constituent.

If you do not include your full address you will need to be recontacted for your address which will delay matters.

MP's will correspond via email which is quicker for both parties.

MP's do, and are taking this up as a matter of concern and I am asking my MP to raise it as a question in the House as companies and organisations don't like being identified in parliament.

I am claiming bank charges myself and I am keeping my MP updated on the process and problems being faced by customers.

Your letter is good but I would advise that people sending emails do so directly to their MP and not via a third party site. Details of how to contact all MP's are available on the Houses of Parliament website see link below.

UK Parliament - alcm

Regards

jdaraf

• Haha 1

John Mac

• 5 weeks later...

The FSA will not be in session with the Treasury Select Committee on

20 September as I had thought (I read it in The Independent - what a crap paper)

But they will be up against them in early October (see below). Unfortunately this will be after the waiver review on 27 September but assuming it won't get revoked it's still worth targeting MP's.

waiver will not be revoked

Dear crfx,

The Treasury Committee will take evidence from the Bank of England on the August Inflation report on September 20. Inflation report hearings are a regular part of the Committee's programme - transcripts of past sessions can be found on our website. The FSA will not be represented at this session.

The Committee takes evidence on the FSA's annual report and accounts once a year - usually in the Autumn. The date for this year's session has not yet been confirmed - but we expect that it will take place in early October.

Best wishes

Lis McCracken

Treasury Committee

House of Commons

London SW1P 3JA

Tel: 0207 219 5769

Fax: 0207 219 2782

http://www.parliament.uk/parliamentary_committees/treascom.cfm

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, as I have stated all posts that have been removed have been stored HERE and not deleted.

There are 564 posts stored there, if all these posts were still on this thread it would be over 23 pages long. This would make this thread difficult if not impossible to control.

I understand your concerns regarding responses from MP's, I have disscused a possible solution with Macboy. We are open to suggestions, please feel free to impart your ideas. Thank you.

• Haha 1

OK Everyone - I Think We Now Have A Solution!

There have been competing pressures between allowing ja-de and myself to accurately record details of the representatives you've been writing to; and your eagerness (quite rightly so) to post your responses and discuss them.

This led to a dilemma. We asked the long-suffering and helpful Lively Lad (take a bow, LL!) to help keep the thread clear and restricted to messages telling us who you'd written to so that we could record these, collect statistics and name names. But this had the unfortunate effect of frustrating some posters, who felt we were deleting and ignoring their responses; which we weren't. In fact they were being held in storage, but you weren't necessarily to know that.

So we have decided to create a second thread, purely for replies and discussion about the campaign, which will not be cut down and will be allowed to run its course. However you will see (as we have restored all your old posts to visibility), just how difficult this would have made it for us to keep track of what was happening. On its own (and depending on the prefs you've set to view the site), it is some 23 pages long with hundreds of posts.

So in summary, please:

1.USE THIS THREAD TO TELL US WHO YOU'VE WRITTEN TO ONLY

2. POST YOUR RESPONSES AND DISCUSS HERE, IN THE 'MPs CAMPAIGN - RESPONSES' THREAD

For ease of use, we suggest re-typing your letters rather than scanning them, but if you prefer to scan, you will need to know how to host the image in your post and have the webspace available in which to host it (or an account with a site such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc.). PM me if you have any questions about this and I'll be happy to try and assist.

Hope this clarifies things and we can move forward with our campaign, which has now hit the '100 MPs contacted' mark - WOO HOO!!!

Have a great weekend and thanks for bearing with us

Best

Mac ;)

• Haha 1
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Can I just say the same as Mac, & that's thank you, to LL for all the hard work of removing posts, & creating our new thread, & to everyone for their understanding.

Both Mac & myself will be monitoring our second thread for all correspondence, be it MP's contacted, &/or replies.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

COMPLAIN TO YOUR MP ABOUT THE UNFAIR AND BIASED WAY THE FSA HAS HANDLED THE THE OFT CASE WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY ESTABLISHED TO SUPPORT CONSUMERS, NOT ISOLATE THEM

Just 5 Easy Steps!

2. Copy the text (amend if necessary but it will be fine as is for most people).
  3. click the link to the site shown at the bottom of the letter or click here
  4. Follow the instructions on the site to send to your MP (it will tell you who your MP is if you do not know.

RESPONSES FROM YOUR MP, PROGRESS REPORTS AND GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE MP CAMPAIGN SHOULD NOT BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD -

PLEASE POST HERE INSTEAD, WHERE THE THREAD WILL BE ALLOWED TO RUN ITS COURSE AND NOT BE CUT DOWN FOR CLARIFICATION

Thank you!

Write to your MP and

• 2 weeks later...

The FSA are up before the parliamentary select committee next week - Tue 9 Oct-

and although I'm not sure they'll be discussing anything other than Northern Rock

I think this is worth a punt.

This is s draft so please voice your comments. Iv'e left this a bit late so I'd like to get it off by tomorrow - thu 3 Oct.

Cheers

Rt Hon John McFall MP

Chairman Treasury Select Committee

House of Commons

London

SW1A 0AA

Dear Mr McFall

FSA Complaints Handling Waiver

I write to you in your capacity of Treasury Select Committee Chairman about the reasons and fairness of the complaints handling waiver issued by the Financial Services Authority to banks in relation to the OFT test case on the issue of bank overdraft charges.

I would be most obliged if you would seek clarification from the FSA as to the reasons for the waiver's introduction.

The FSA have offered 2 reasons for the waiver's introduction:

1) ''We have granted the waiver to help facilitate this test case''

The OFT have confirmed to me in a request under the Freedom of Information Act that not only were they not consulted about the granting of the waiver nor given any reason for the need for it's introduction but they believe that the waiver ''has no facilitary value'' to it's case. I have also sought the views of various legal

professionals, all of whom cast doubt on the FSA's claim including one senior barrister specialising in financial regulatory law who described it as ''nonsense''.

2) ''We believe it is not in the interests of all consumers for complaints to continue to be dealt with in the current inconsistent way''

As you will recall the FSA published the report on it's thematic work on overdraft charges complaints handling and it's letter to CEO's on the same day it announced the introduction of the waiver. The report and letter were highly critical of the banks handling of these complaints. Therefore it would seem that due to the Bank's own mis-handling of complaints, they were able to successfully apply for a waiver that absolved them of their responsibility to process complaints at all, regardless of the fact that the responsibility for ensuring complaints are handled fairly falls with the FSA themselves.

The FSA has also suggested that of customers claiming refunds of charges ''some are successful and some are not''. But this is simply not the case as of the many tens of thousands of court cases dealing with claims, defeats can be counted on the fingers of one hand and the FOS has a 100 percent record in securing refunds.

Despite my own efforts to seek clarification, many Members of Parliament have written to the FSA on behalf of constituents questioning the necessity for the waiver and voicing concerns that as a direct result account holders can no longer challenge these charges or seek redress through the courts or the FOS while banks can freely continue to levy them:

David Wilshire

Jessica Morden

Diana Johnson

Julie Morgan

George Osborne

John Greenway

Alison Seabeck

Andrew Duff

Andrew Mackay

Joan Humble

Claire Curtis-Thomas

William Hague

All these MP's received, word for word, the same templated response which was simply cut and pasted from the original announcement on the OFT website (please find examples enclosed)

It seems clear that the FSA will not justify the reasons for the waiver as a matter of policy. And it is difficult not to come to the conclusion that the banks were granted the waiver as an inducement to agree to the test case.

I would urge you, as a matter of priority, to address this issue with the FSA.

Hi there crfx I think that is excellent. Is there anything else we can do. How will you get them to take notice of this and get it on their agenda? It needs to have some power behind it they may ignore it as they do with most things?

The only thing that worries me is that I am not a contituent of the chairman, John McFall, as strictly speaking he can only respond to his

own contituents. If there's anyone out there that lives in West Dunbartonshire then let me know.

I will though send it to all members of the committee but if there's anyone

who has these MPs again let me know

UK Parliament - Treasury Committee Members

Good letter crfx - I don't think you need to change anything. A great opportunity to do some highly-targeted political campaigning.

Are you intending to mail them all yourself? If so, may I also suggest that any of the constituents of the committee members reading this also follow up with our letter as a matter of urgency, ahead of the meeting? Sadly, none of them have been contacted by us at all at this stage.

Those committee members again (together with their status on our database):

• Graham Brady (Altrincham & Sale West) - not contacted for main letter
  • Colin Breed (South East Cornwall) - not contacted for main letter
  • Jim Cousins (Newcastle -Upon-Tyne Central) - not contacted for main letter
  • Sion Simon (Birmingham Erdington) - not contacted for main letter
  • Philip Dunne (Ludlow) - not contacted for main letter
  • Angela Eagle (Wallasey) - not contacted for main letter
  • Michael Fallon (Sevenoaks - Sub-committee Chairman) - not contacted for main letter
  • Sally Keeble (Northampton North) - not contacted for main letter
  • Andrew Love (Edmonton) - not contacted for main letter
  • John McFall (West Dunbartonshire - Chairman) - not contacted for main letter
  • George Mudie (Leeds East)- not contacted for main letter
  • John Thurso (Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross) - not contacted for main letter
  • Mark Todd (South Derbyshire) - not contacted for main letter
  • Peter Viggers (Gosport) - not contacted for main letter

Let's get their minds focused!

Lively Lad - please could we get crfx's and this post duplicated in the new thread?

Write to your MP and

crfx - I was only suggesting that if anyone saw their MP on the above committee list that they send a copy our generic letter to them in addition.

I agree with you that it would be best and safest if you mail the committee with your specific letter..

Sorry if i didn't get that across ;)

Write to your MP and

Right Iv'e e-mailed all the committee members but have already got back

this from one:

Thank you for your email to Angela Eagle MP. Emails are treated in the

same manner and with the same level of importance as other

communications, i.e. post, telephone and fax. The office is very busy

and all items have to be prioritised. Please do not be offended if you

do not receive an immediate response.

Parliament has strict rules that mean a Member of Parliament can only

respond to the substance of communications from their own constituents.

Please ensure that you have included in your email your name and full

postal address. If this was not included in your email, please re-send

your full email with your postal address and full name.

I can only hope that they take into account the first line of my e-mail

that says ''I am writing to you in your capacity of Treasury Select Committee member''.

I'm going to send them all one by post too including photocopies of 3 FSA

letters to MPs that are identical.

• Haha 1

crfx

Good work. That's probably an autoresponder, so your idea to send a follow-up via snail-mail is sound too.

I did a little more digging around in the select committees website after viewing your link and came across this - it's the contact details of the Committee Administration team. I wonder if might be worth your sending a copy letter to one of these people to try and get it under their noses, rather than, or in addition to, using the constituent/MP channel? ;)

Write to your MP and

Yes these are the people who do their donkey work, consider it done.

All the committee's e-mails went off to the addresses I got from the TSC

site. All the letters I'm mailing are going to their House of Parliament

address rather than their constituency offices.

We should be able to watch the proceeding live or taped from that site.

• Haha 1

Well worded letter there crfx, I hope it does the trick, & makes Westminster & the general public, aware of the all the obstacles that we have to overcome.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hi all, just to let you know that we still NEED you to contact your MP

We Need YOUR Help

COMPLAIN TO YOUR MP ABOUT THE UNFAIR AND BIASED WAY THE FSA HAS HANDLED THE OFT CASE WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY ESTABLISHED TO SUPPORT CONSUMERS, NOT ISOLATE THEM

Just 5 Easy Steps!

3. click the link to the thread shown at the bottom of the letter or click here
  4. Follow the instructions on the thread to send to your MP (it will tell you who your MP is if you do not know.

RESPONSES FROM YOUR MP, PROGRESS REPORTS AND GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE MP CAMPAIGN SHOULD BE

POSTED HERE, WHERE THE THREAD WILL BE ALLOWED TO RUN ITS COURSE AND NOT BE CUT DOWN FOR CLARIFICATION

Thank you!

I would also like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas & an even better New Year.

santa2.gif

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...