Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

View RSS Feed

A say in the life of ....

Fwench mobile phone service is far far worse than in the UK!!!

Rate this Entry
by BankFodder on 6th May 2014 at 08:31 (168578 Views)
You couldn't imagine that it is true , could you - but it is.
Believe me - almost every kind of company is more difficult or more unpleasant or more stupid to deal with than British ones.

For various reasons I have a Fwench mobile phone contract. (and a UK one!)

There is very little competition in France. They don't like it.

For a while I had one with orangeicon. For the first 6 months they never delivered my telephone on my 12 month contract. It took hours of phone callsicon, apologies, broken promises - and the rest before finally someone with some authority seemed to appreciate the error and eventually a mobile phone was sent to me. - plus two months credit.
Why didn't I just sue them? - because there is no simple clams process in France and there is a risk of costs even for the smallest claim if you lose.

Anyway, now my orangeicon contract is up so I have to get a new one if I want a new phone.
This is how they do it in France.
If you are an existing customer, then you can renew your contract but if you want a new phone then you have to pay full whack - about 600 depending on the model.

If you change provider then you get the benefits of a free or reduced price phone.
This is really true!! Orange forces you to move away from them if you want a new phone.
The other main provider - SFR does exactly the same thing. It is completely absurd and very Fwench.

Anyway, looks as if I will have to change provider. Let's hope not too much goes wrong this time

Submit "Fwench mobile phone service is far far worse than in the UK!!!" to Digg Submit "Fwench mobile phone service is far far worse than in the UK!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Fwench mobile phone service is far far worse than in the UK!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fwench mobile phone service is far far worse than in the UK!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Off-topic blogs , ‎ Caggers' Blogs

Comments

The Spanish also do this too... I used to read about this all the time when living out there... lol

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details