Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

View RSS Feed

bhoward

New working tax credits rules for disability related claims - shame on this government!!

Rate this Entry
by bhoward on 12th April 2012 at 12:23 (10675 Views)
We have been informed this morning by HMRC that we no longer qualify for Working Tax Credits under new government rules.

The new rules, when claiming with a disability, stipulate that you must satisfy three rules;

1. that you work 16hrs a week or more
2. that you receive a qualifying disability benefit ( i.e. DLA)
3. that your condition makes it difficult for you to find work

fair enough i hear you say, however;

our scenario - my wife works 16 hrs a week (tick), she receives DLA (tick) and her condition makes it difficult for her to find work, err apparently not according to HMRC!!
So along goes my wife to her new job interview and they ask, " have you been sick within the last 2-5 years ( as most do ask)", "yes" replies my wife, "please tell us about that", "well I was off sickicon for 9 months, three of which I was sectioned under the mental health act against my will, and i now receive DLA, have regular treatment and an assigned social worker".................. ..................do we really believe that any employer would employ such a person??? does this not make it difficult for my wife to find work?? The only reason she works 16hrs ( still on sick leave presently) is due to the fact she worked prior to her illness and they have employer obligations.

As a result of the above situation the HMRC and this government have taken 500 per month away from us and have simply put our home at risk.

Well done Mr Cameron.

Submit "New working tax credits rules for disability related claims - shame on this government!!" to Digg Submit "New working tax credits rules for disability related claims - shame on this government!!" to del.icio.us Submit "New working tax credits rules for disability related claims - shame on this government!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "New working tax credits rules for disability related claims - shame on this government!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorised

Comments

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details