Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

View RSS Feed

fairfight2011

The joy of Tax

Rate this Entry
by fairfight2011 on 1st April 2012 at 23:05 (14908 Views)
Just for the sake of being complete - I just used the income checker tool on the moneysavingexpert website:

Year Month Week
Gross Wage 20,280 1,690 390
Taxable Wage 11,695 975 225
Tax Paid 2,339 195 45
Tax Free Allowance 8,105 675 156
National Insurance 1,523 127 29
Take-home pay 15,938 1,328 307
Student Loan 0 0 0
Pension 480 40 9
Pension HMRC 120 10 2

So I still work a day a week purely for the taxman/Nino contributions....suckage! !

Submit "The joy of Tax" to Digg Submit "The joy of Tax" to del.icio.us Submit "The joy of Tax" to StumbleUpon Submit "The joy of Tax" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Dealing with money , ‎ Caggers' Blogs

Comments

Can you give us a link to the money checker tool please?
    Quote Originally Posted by BankFodder
    Can you give us a link to the money checker tool please?
    With pleasure...
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tax-calculator/

Does the tax checker count VAT - Utilities - inheritanceicon tax - car parking - community charges - Car tax - insurance - mortgageicon fees- bank charges -TV - school fees - Petrol and tons of other hidden tax?

No ....so whats the point?

Sick of working to pay bills like a hamster on a wheel...like being a slave really with worthless paper they take back off us one way or another.

The reason this country has a lot of people on benefits is because there is not actually any value in working really is there?
    1blonde - I tend to agree - having been on both sides of the fence, I found it hard to get off benefits and now being in work, impossible to get out of full time employment - even though I am lambasted for being a single parent with a FT job as it means my daughter has to be left alone for about 2 hours after school...(she's nearly 13) You can be sure if I wasn't working someone would have something to say about that too - damned if you do, damned if you don't

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details