Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

View RSS Feed

A say in the life of ....

A Before-dinner tale

Rate this Entry
by BankFodder on 23rd September 2010 at 08:26 (4523 Views)
I don't often go to swanky do's and if I do, if it's very formal, I normally use a DJ which is shared by a few friends of about the same size. The protocol has always been that you leave the dickie-bow in one of the pockets. ( If your mate has been invited to the same do, then you have to rent a suit.)

So when I got invited to a very posh do - including a British Ambassador and several judges, I got the suit but blow me! no bow-tie in any of the pockets.

So at about 8.00 in the evening I was trawling up and down the road, open-necked in a dinner suit trying to find a shop which could sell me a black bow-tie.

Nothing.

Even quite likely department stores simply don't sell them anymore. Black ties - Yes. Black Bow-ties - No.

To say that I was getting into a right two-'n-eight is putting it mildly.
Anyway, I spotted an upmarket restaurant so I hurried in - and Yes! all the waiters were wearing black bow-ties.

You can guess the rest. One rather surprised and amused waiter. I was a score down and a bow-tie up. Nasty little Velcro job but it did the trick and I went to the dinner.

The final secret joke is that my dickie-bow had little points at each end of the bow. I think that it must be standard for catering staff because the only other pointy-end bow-ties at the function were the ones being worn by the waiters.

I could feel them all looking at me rather curiously.

Submit "A Before-dinner tale" to Digg Submit "A Before-dinner tale" to del.icio.us Submit "A Before-dinner tale" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Before-dinner tale" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Off-topic blogs , ‎ Caggers' Blogs

Comments

So, was it all worth it?
    lol...

I can imagine you 'Basil Fawlty' style running up and down the high street
    Just a bit! ...
    What a fabulous story. Yes, I can well imagine you doing this

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details