Central Debt Recovery Unit - Worthing

Eman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm in need of some help and advise from anyone who may of dealt with these before?

I am n ow living abroad and have a debt wit HSBC and am aware now that CDRU are attached with them, however before i moved abroad i contacted HSBC and made them aware of my situation and was still willing to pay off my debt, however it would take some time to get settled in new said country and would only be contactable via email or phone, not post... They said thats not a problem and can easily be arranged. Since June i have received letters from CDRU and have since again explained situ to them, but do these people not read post or something, as now they're threatening me with 7 days to pay in full my debt or they'll send collectors round to my house, a house which is only a c/o address. I keep writing them and explaining my situ that i want to pay them but in smaller amounts but they dont acknowledge my letters and keep writing to my c/o address. I dont want to go via the bankrupscy route, but threatening me with ccj's and bailifs, they're starting to give me no choice.

HOW STUPID AND IGNORANT ARE THESE PEOPLE?????

Does anyone have any advise for a stressed out brit abroad.. :)

Hi all,

I'm in need of some help and advise from anyone who may of dealt with these before?

I am n ow living abroad and have a debt wit HSBC and am aware now that CDRU are attached with them, however before i moved abroad i contacted HSBC and made them aware of my situation and was still willing to pay off my debt, however it would take some time to get settled in new said country and would only be contactable via email or phone, not post... They said thats not a problem and can easily be arranged. Since June i have received letters from CDRU and have since again explained situ to them, but do these people not read post or something, as now they're threatening me with 7 days to pay in full my debt or they'll send collectors round to my house, a house which is only a c/o address. I keep writing them and explaining my situ that i want to pay them but in smaller amounts but they dont acknowledge my letters and keep writing to my c/o address. I dont want to go via the bankrupscy route, but threatening me with ccj's and bailifs, they're starting to give me no choice.

If you have moved abroad, then they will have trouble collecting. What country are you in at present?

I would write to them, advising that the person at the C\o address, has withdrawn permission for you to use it.

Oh, and yes they are ignorant. They do not answer your letters specifically. Having said that, HSBC have been fairly responsive to letters in the past, but only if you go down the official complaints route. You have to get someone else involved at HSBC, rather than collections, who just follow a pre determined response format.

METROPOLITAN COLLECTION SERVICES LIMITED – WHO ARE THEY?

INTRODUCTION

It is noted that many contributors have dealings with the above Debt Collection Company regarding Consumer Debts with HSBC Bank plc, therefore it may assist readers in establishing exactly who they are dealing with by considering the information contained in this posting which has been obtained from public records, and other published material, and which covers such topics as:

Metropolitan Collection Services Limited is part of HSBC Bank plc - Information

Central Debt Enforcement Agency is a trading name of Metropolitan Collection Services Limited - Information

HSBC Bank plc has £27,455.00 in unsatisfied County Court Judgments lodged against it - Information

“Financial Services Authority Fines HSBC Bank plc £100,000.00” – Article

It is understood from public information that Metropolitan Collection Services Limited (which has 5 other trading names) is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Asset Finance (UK) Limited that is a wholly owned subsidiary of FTG Limited that is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Bank plc that is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc (the ultimate owner of Metropolitan Collection Services Limited).

It is also understood that the Company Secretary of Metropolitan Collection Services Limited is the same for HSBC Asset Finance (UK) Limited and FTG Limited.

It is further understood that DG Solicitors is the practising name of solicitors employed by the HSBC Group.

Whether contact is from HSBC Bank plc, the Collections Department thereof, Metropolitan Collection Services Limited (and under any of the other 5 trading names) or DG Solicitors, in effect it appears as these matters remain in-house and are dealt with by staff employed by the HSBC Group.

INFORMATION

“HOLDING COMPANIES OF Metropolitan Collection Services Limited

Company name: HSBC HOLDINGS PLC

Relationship: Ultimate

Level of Ownership: 01

Country of Registration: United Kingdom

Company Registration: 00617987

Company name: HSBC BANK PLC

Relationship: Wholly Owned

Level of Ownership: 02

Company Registration: 00014259

Company name: FTG LIMITED

Level of Ownership: 03

Company Registration: 01143819

Company name: HSBC ASSET FINANCE (UK) LIMITED

Level of Ownership: 04

Company Registration: 00229341

SHAREHOLDERS OF Metropolitan Collection Services Limited

Name: HSBC ASSET FINANCE (UK) LIMITED

Shares: 2 ORDINARY £1 SHARES

Company Registration: 00229341

LINK TO COMPANIES HOUSE SEARCH: WebCHeck - Problems

NOTE: For £1 per document copies of company records can be downloaded i.e. Articles of Association, Filed Accounts, Annual Returns, List of Members etc.

INFORMATION

Public information held at the Information Commissioner’s Office indicates that METROPOLITAN COLLECTION SERVICES LIMITED is a Registered Data Controller (Registration No. “Z5518969”) and also trades under the following names:

“CENTRAL DEBT ENFORCEMENT AGENCY

PAYMENT SERVICES BUREAU

MAITLAND COLLECTIONS

FIVE WAYS RECOVERY SERVICES

BANCROFTS”

LINK TO Information Commissioners Office SEARCH (enter: “Z5518960” in the Registration Number Box): http://www.esd.informationcommission...d/DoSearch.asp

INFORMATION

The Registered Office address of:

METROPOLITAN COLLECTION SERVICES LIMITED

With Companies House (Registration No. 01475006) is:

56 St. James Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1JL

As situated at the junction of St. James Road and Calthorpe Road (as shown with Royal Mail)

See Royal Mail Address / Post Code Finder http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm

See Google Earth Google Earth which shows a small white building in the grounds of HSBC 12 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1RA (as shown with Royal Mail)

The Register of Members Address is: 8 Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ

INFORMATION

The Address of:

With The Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration No. Z5518960) is

56 St. James Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1QZ

As situated at the junction of Monument Road and Plough and Harrow Road (as shown with Royal Mail)

See Google Earth which shows a Royal Mail District Sorting Office.

INFORMATION

The address of:

HSBC Asset Finance

With Royal Mail is:

Forward Trust House, 12 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1QZ

See Google Earth which shows HSBC 12 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1RA

INFORMATION

The Registered Office Address of:

HSBC Asset Finance (UK) Limited

With Companies House (Registration No. 00229341) is:

8 Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ the same as with The Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration No. Z5518102).

However, other public information shows a Trading Address for HSBC Asset Finance (UK) Limited of: PO Box 362, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1QZ

INFORMATION

The Address of:

DG SOLICITORS

With The Information Commissioner’s Office (Registration No. Z574180X) is:

2nd Floor, 12 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, B15 1QZ

As situated at the junction of Monument Road and Plough and Harrow Road

See Google Earth which shows a Royal Mail District Sorting Office.

INFORMATION

The Head Office Address of:

DG SOLICITORS

With The Law Society is:

HSBC 12 Calthorpe Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1RA

INFORMATION

Public information as at 23/04/07 indicates that apparently “HSBC Bank plc” has £27,455.00 in unsatisfied County Court Judgments lodged against it.

COUNTY COURT JUDGMENT (CCJ) SEARCH FOR:

HSBC HOLDINGS PLC

There have been no CCJs lodged against this company in the last 72 months”

HSBC BANK PLC

Total Number of CCJs in last 72 months =19

Total Value of CCJs (GBP) in last 72 months = £34,567.00

Total Number of Unsatisfied CCJs in last 72 months = 14

Total Value of Unsatisfied CCJs (GBP) in last 72 months = £27,455.00

Total Number of Satisfied CCJs in last 72 months = 5

Total Value of Satisfied CCJs (GBP) in last 72 months = £7,121.00”

FTG LIMITED

Total Number of CCJs in last 72 months = 1

Total Value of CCJs (GBP) in last 72 months = £2,082.00

Total Number of Unsatisfied CCJs in last 72 months = 1”

HSBC ASSET FINANCE (UK) LIMITED

LINK TO REGISTRY TRUST LTD:

RTL Home

INFORMATION

FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY FINES “HSBC BANK PLC” £100,000.00

“On 14 December 2005, the FSA imposed a financial penalty of £100,000 on HSBC Bank plc ("HSBC") for failing to take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of transaction reports it made to the FSA from December 2002 until August 2005. In failing to ensure the accuracy of its transaction reports, HSBC breached SUP 15.61R of the FSA Rules.”

LINK TO FSO FINAL NOTICE: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/hsbc_14dec05.pdf

Hi all,

If you feel agrieved enough, you could request your agreement.

HSBC Bank plc

Credit Card Services

8 Canada Square

London

E14 5HQ

xxxxxxxxxx 2009.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the alleged debt to your company, this letter is a formal request of true copy of a signed and dated credit agreement for the above account number, under the terms and conditions of section 78(1) of the CCA act 1974. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £1.00

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

I enclose a postal order no xxxxxxxxxx in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

I think i might of posted half of what i was writing, so apologies if i did, this damn laptop.. grrr

I now live in Kuwait and explained to them t hat there is no postal system here, other than if you get parcels or things sent to work or po box address's which i have neither, the only part of the letters they have acknowledged conveniently enough is the c/o address and c

hose to ignore the rest.

So, if they were to request it to go to court, what can the courts do? I am willing to pay and have said in writing many times this fact just not the amounts that HSBC were asking as it was too high for me, surely if i'm willing to pay they cant issue a ccj against me? Actually, let them request me to go to court, if they pay my airfair, maybe i get a free trip home.. LOL

In the letters i state my email and phone numbers here, as i know the first phone call will be long winded and i told them i'm not prepared to pay for international call charges and for them to call me, arnt they the ones breaking any rules by not contacting me and not respecting my wishes... Are these people really not human.. LOL