Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

View RSS Feed

fairfight2011

1. The joy of Tax

by fairfight2011 on 1st April 2012 at 23:05
    Just for the sake of being complete - I just used the income checker tool on the moneysavingexpert website:

Year Month Week
    Gross Wage 20,280 1,690 390
    Taxable Wage 11,695 975 225
    Tax Paid 2,339 195 45
    Tax Free Allowance 8,105 675 156
    National Insurance 1,523 127 29
    Take-home ...
    Categories
    Caggers' Blogs , ‎ Dealing with money
  2. About face...

by fairfight2011 on 1st April 2012 at 22:32

Well once more life has turned around - I'm about to become a full time single parent again as my ex has had his turn and is struggling with the realities of dealing with a pubescent pre-teen emo chick...love her so! Can't wait, but to be perfectly honest I am quaking at the prospect too. Will I have any more success than him in curbing the wayward tendencies?

On the financial side I now have to juggle working full time with figuring out child tax credits and all that ...
    Categories
    Caggers' Blogs , ‎ Dealing with money
  3. Onwards and ever so slowly upwards...

by fairfight2011 on 7th June 2011 at 01:08
    HMRC are off my case, penalty charge was revoked and they finally accept that I'm not self-employed.

DWP are finally looking at my appeal against having to repay the sum total of benefits paid while the custody case was playing out.

Apcoa Parking finally refunded my double charge - 6 months and a snotty 'gesture of goodwillicon' letter, but at least it's resolved.

Since I started attacking my debt mountain decisively in January I've knocked it down from 9682
    Categories
    Uncategorised
  4. More fun and games thanks to HMRC!

by fairfight2011 on 7th March 2011 at 00:51
    I have to laugh, or at least try not to cry....

I collected some mail on Friday from an address I left this time last year, currently living in the third place since that one and yet good old HMRC have decided I still live there despite having recently written to me here on a separate matter. Either that or they have me down as two different people?

According to their letters, I owe a late filing penalty for not doing a self assessment tax return.

Categories
    Caggers' Blogs
  5. Keeping track of my messy missions...

by fairfight2011 on 24th February 2011 at 00:45
    Well I'm new here so I'm just having a play - I've just uploaded a mugshot and now I'm blogging....

I'm happy to have joined the CAGicon forum - after browsing as an anonymous guest for quite some time I was overdue to dive in and actually tackle some of my niggles through this excellent medium.

I've been in and out of the Citizens Advice Bureau over the last few years and to their credit they have helped with a number of issues. Trouble is, I seem to suffer the slings and
    Categories
    Uncategorised

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details