style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope i am on the correct section to post a thread about GE Capital Woodchester. after going throught this great site got me thinking about claiming charges back (which range from £33.84 to £45.12) for returned unpaid. we had a account with GE Capital Woodchester and looking back at some of the statments from 27/04/2001 we have right upto 01/06/2004 but have lost some of the more recent one's. looking around this site i have got myself a little lost. this is how i see the way to get the ball rolling please correct me if i am wrong

1) get all statments if not send a S.A.R. wait for the staments to come

2) work out on a spreadsheet the amount taken. write back to GE Capital Woodchester and send a prrliminary letter along with the spreadsheet.

3) if they pay all well and good, if not prepare and issue a N1

dose that about sum it up?

Cheers

Phil

Hi phildux

Welcome to the 'other institutions' thread - yes, you are in the right place for GE Money.

Youseem to have th egeneral idea pretty well. The only thing is you should add a setp between 2) and 3) and send an LBA if they don't respond positively to your prelim letter within 14 days.

On item 1) there is often a problem with GE Money in that their admin systems are completely useless. Do nont be surpriosed if they cannot find your statements either. How many of the more recent ones have you lost. If you have most with just a few gaps, then youcan probably estimate the charges - that's what I did.

Anyway, you should start with 1) and see how you go. Keep us informed and we'll be here to help.

thanks for the reply, i have from april 2001 to march 2004. so its from april 2004 to july last year (2006) when it ended that i am missing, they must have these as i think i read somewhere they have to keep 6 years worth by law. the loan was with GE Capital Woodchester is GE Money the same outfit?. Have you a full postal address i would need to send my S.A.R and maybe a contact name would be good.

GE Capital Wooodchester is Part of GE Money, address

GE Capital Bank plc

PO Box 700

Leeds

LS99 2BD

I don't know that HFC have stoppd trading - what 'product' does it involve?

Steven thanks for the reply, still trying to get my head around this, but I think it might be starting to sink in, why at step 1 do you have to give them 40 days? can you give an answer to the red highlighted. Is there anything I have missed out

Steps to claim back bank charges/ overdraft fees etc. (as I see it)

1) Gather all statement together, if you don’t have these issue a S.A.R. and wait for a reply (you must give them 40 days to reply) if they don’t reply within the 40 days issue a non compliance form allow 14 days for this to be answered. If they do reply go to step 2 (what should be done if they do not answer the non compliance form for the request of the S.A.R)

2) Work out on a spreadsheet the amount owing. Do not include any interest at this stage. Send out a Preliminary Letter with a Schedule of charges (spreadsheet) allow 14 days for this to be replied to, if no reply issue a Letter before Action (LBA) allow 7 days for them to answer the LBA

3) If no answer or not satisfied with there reply prepare and issue N1

Cheers

Phil

The answer really depends on what you get from them. If a few statements are missing (which is quite common) you may be able toestimate teh charges. If it's a lot that are missing, you may have to do something else- cross that bridge when you come to it.